Charlie Diagnosed Diabetic

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by keith, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keith

keith New Member

Recently my 13 year old female cat Charlie was diagnosed with diabetes.  My vet was insistent that I start insulin ASAP but instead, I immediately changed her food from Science Diet dry to Wellness wet as I heard the dry, high carb food was not the best for her.  Without giving her insulin, in the week that I've changed her food, her blood levels went from 20.2 on the first Sunday to 7.7 the following Sunday (continually dropping each day). She has dropped about half a pound since the vet initially diagnosed her. My question to you would be your thoughts on my holding off on giving insulin?  I'm planning on continuing to monitor the blood levels but is this change in levels too drastic in one week?
    Should I be giving her the insulin?
    Rhonda

2. Re: Diabetic Cats in Need--Sharing Resources

Hi Rhonda,

If you start a "new topic" people will be more likely to see it. You can just copy/paste what you posted here, and make up a "subject". Lots of people will see it and respond, while they aren't likely to see new questions posted in this thread.

Carl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.