? Charlie Dutch forum needs a look at SS

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Ruby&Baco, Nov 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruby&Baco

Ruby&Baco Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I'm back with a question for our newest member on prozinc on the Dutch forum.
    His name is Charlie, he's 16 years old and of course has been diagnosed with diabetes. Since 11/11 he's getting Prozinc and he's most of the times in the red numbers.
    Can you please take a look and tell me what your thoughts are? Is he getting enough insulin? or not?
    I think he's getting maybe to much because he's falling more than 50% from AMPS untill midcycle numbers.
    It's strange because he has really high numbers at AMPS and then at PMPS they are acceptable but they then end up super high again at AMPS.

The numbers are in MMOL, we don't have translation sheets for it, so please multiply the numbers by 18 if you want to know what the dg/ml is.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...mEqrNBkFHhct0/edit?ts=5826fe20#gid=2112851081

Thanks so much in advance!

@Kris & Teasel @Alexi @Sue and Oliver (GA) @Rachel @Bobbie And Bubba

:kiss::bighug:

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Hi Ruby,
    Here are my thoughts:
    1. bouncy kitty
    2. dose of 2.5 u looks pretty good, maybe lasting a bit longer than 12 hours
    3. maybe try 13/11 dosing to see if PMPS would be a bit higher when shot is given.

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  3. Alexi

Alexi Member

The 2.5 units is causing a big drop and he is bouncing around a bit. I would try a reduction back to 2 units for a few days and allow things to settle then reassess. It is early days so the numbers are likely to be bouncing around for a while whilst he adjusts.

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  4. Ruby&Baco

Thank you for your reply ladies!.
    For both of your comments is something to say, and I find them both accurate.. I will discuss it with the moderators on the Dutch forum to see what we can do for Charlie.
    I find him way too high right now and he's loosing weight now, so if we reduce his numbers will be sky high (I think).. But well the same happend to Terry and when Terry came here there was also a reduction advised and it helped him a lot..
    It's so hard, it would be great if our kitties could tell us what to do :rolleyes::p

5. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

I think either leaving the dose or dropping (maybe 2.25?) might work. I like the idea of 13/11 also. One change at a time though. The fast rise after the shot - what is the carb level of the meal? If regular low carb, he may be very carb sensitive.... Also, I'd look at giving a little something to eat around +4 to see if the drop can be softened then.

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  6. Ruby&Baco

He is eating raw food, like Baco is, but them mixed during the day with 11% carb dry kibbles.. She is transitioning to 100% raw food.

7. Ruby&Baco

Oh and btw he gets potassium, twice a day a knife point of potassium. I don't know if this is relevant for the situation?

8. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Not sure about the potassium. I'd probably consider either 13/11 or dropping to 2.25. That's just me. It does look like it may just be long duration and maybe 13/11 would help.

Ruby&Baco likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.