Charlie is playing!!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by FurballLover, Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FurballLover

FurballLover Member

The last few days I have been changing their diet over from a mix of lc wet & d/m dry to all wet. It has been a bit stressful and they have resisted. I have tried several tricks to entice them to no avail.
    I was getting a little worried that Charlie wasn't doing well bc he hasn't been eating much and has been kind of 'mopey'.
    Today was a turning point!! Breakfast was 1/2can friskies mixed with only 1/8 cup kibble and unlike the past few days, they ate it all. Afternoon snack was 1/2 can ff chicken-and they ate it all! Dinner was 2 cans ff beef--they ate some (they will probably graze several times thru the night)

But the thing that is making me so happy is that Big C is finally PLAYFUL :D My civie, Molly has been super frisky the last 2 weeks; acting more like a kitten than an 11yr old! But C was only passively playing since their diet change. His numbers have been pretty good, but his demeanor has been very muted. Tonight he is on fire :D Finally acting like he did before his hypo 3 weeks ago!!

I will stay strong, and hope we have turned a corner. I will get my fat cat off the kibble crack!!

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

AWESOME!!!! That is wonderful that he is starting to feel better. I bet you are feeling mighty relieved!!! Nice early Valentine's present. :)

party_cat

3. Karen & Pearl

Karen & Pearl Member

Very cool! It makes you feel so good when they play.

4. Jayne & Sweety

Jayne & Sweety Member

Really good sign! I'm happy for you!!!!!

5. Kathy

Kathy Member

I love it when they run around the house like kittens :lol:

Have fun with your fur babies!!

6. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

Playing AND eating wet food--that's great news Jen.

7. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Good stuff!
    Very good to hear.

8. Harley's Mom

Harley's Mom Member

That is wonderful news. I actually think the dry food affects them like carbs do us. We just get fat and not so sassy! (speaking for myself of course) They will be on all wet food before you know it!
    Great job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.