Charlie's bg up

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Clark, Feb 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark Member

Hi. Charlie's bg is up to 216. Twice I checked. Quite sad. Only been off insulin for about 8 months.
    I'm low on money. Cansulin is much cheaper. Is what I have her before. I'm thinking of starting on low dose. .5. Also I'm hoping the vet will give it to me without an appointment.

Any suggestions. Tx

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  2. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

Have you checked the supply closet? You might find some on there you can buy from a member.
    Any chance he got into some contraband to cause the increase in BG? Looking at his SS it looks like he's been going into mid blues since January? Anything going on health wise?
    Just trying to see if there might be another explanation for the increase.
    If you start insulin again, I think 0.5 units would be a good start with close monitoring. Don't want to start off with a crazy bounce.
    I'm not that familiar with Caninsulin so someone else might have better advice for starting dose.

3. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Or you could buy a single pen of Levemir. I get mine from Alan Hamman on the Supply Closet. I get a pack of 5 pens, and I think they were $180 or so. So 1/5 of that will not be very pricey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.