Chase got his feeding tube yesterday

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by jeanene and chase, Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeanene and chase

jeanene and chase Member

What a long day - picked him up yesterday at my regular vet at 7:15 a.m., took him to the emergency vet who could install the feeding tube. I went to my meeting at work, then back to pick Chase up and take him back to my regular vet. He was doing better in the a.m., but he looked a bit more yellow by the time I got him back to the regular vet. I went there today to visit and see how to use the feeding tube. His ketones dropped from 350 on Monday to 50 on Wednesday night, so hopefully they will resolve soon if they haven't already - I forgot to ask if they tested today. Need to recheck his electrolytes, and maybe I'll be able to bring him home middle of next week. My 11 yr old dog, however, is exhibiting hind leg weekness (recent seizures, seizure RX and blood pressure RX, Addison's disease for about a year), so if it's from a brain tumor, his time might be coming soon. One day at a time.

2. Pam and Layla

Pam and Layla Member

(((Jeanene)))

I'm sorry you have so much trauma, but it sounds like you are doing the best for Chase. Hugs for your sweet pup too.

Pam & Layla

3. Gia and Quirk

Gia and Quirk Member

I think the feeding tube is a good move, Jeanene. You and Chase are in my thoughts.

4. Donna & Shiloh (GA)

Donna & Shiloh (GA) Member

Congrats on the feeding tube. It gets easier. Have you joined Yahoo's group: Feline Assisted Feeding group? They helped me immensely when I was feeding Shiloh. Donna

5. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

Wow Jeanene. Too many things going on with your babes & all at once!

I wish there was something I could do or say to help, but I am sending prayers & healing vines your way. :YMHUG:
    Hope things look much brighter soon!

6. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your dog and all the other issues. I hope the feeding tube helps Chase and thanks for listening to our advice on doing this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.