Chase is home and eating voluntarily!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by jeanene and chase, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeanene and chase

jeanene and chase Member

Monday the vet told me Chase started eating some food voluntarily, so they were going to hold off on feeding through the tube to encourage it. He contined to eat on his own, and they let me bring him home today. He ate a bit of the AD/clinicare, but preferred to try the regular food his buddies were eating. Hopefully it won't be a problem. He ate a decent amount, and I'm going to coax him to eat some more before bed. The head vet discharged him, and he was upset at how much I had to pay for the feeding tube insertion. He said he has done plenty in the past and they should have called him. Of course, my reg. vet said they haven't had tubes there for ages. Hopefully they'll get some in stock for the next poor animal. Now all I have to do is heal my infected ear and the eardrum that appears to have ruptured between the time I saw the doctor and got my antibiotics today. If it's not one thing.... But the good news far outweighs that!

2. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

Paws crossed and healing prayers for BOTH you and Chase, Jeanene!

So nice to have him home, right?

3. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Awesome! continued prayers...

4. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Regardless of cost, glad the feeding tube helped him and now here's to eating on his own!

Good thoughts for continued recovery!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.