Check ss please

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Anne Biddle, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anne Biddle

Anne Biddle Member

posted in main forum but I was hoping those in the know would take a look at Truffles ss. He is getting good numbers in the past few days and I’ve made the decision not to shoot his pm dose and he still has good readings in the am. Decided to give .25 this am. Would be grateful to know that I’m doing the right thing. Thanks in advance.

2. Bryan & Princess

Bryan & Princess Member

I am no expert by any means, but I know I would be happy to see my Princess at those numbers. Looking at your spreadsheet gives me better ideas what I need to do.

Just out of curiosity, do you feed Truffles twice a day or does she have food all day except two hours before meals?, or ??

Thanks, Bryan

3. Anne Biddle

Anne Biddle Member

Hi Bryan. Pre diagnosis they were all free fed dry so it’s been a shock to them! Lol. They are fed Preshot at 9am then I test about 3pm +6 and feed again, then test, feed, shoot at 9pm. I did try the FY zero mature as a free feed between feed but it upset his stomach really badly.

4. Bryan & Princess

Bryan & Princess Member

Anne, Thanks for your reply.

That is close to my schedule with Princes 11am tested and a can of Fancy Feast Pate and her AM shot, then 4-6pm she gets a can another can of FF, then 11PM another can of FF and her PM shot.

Pre-diabetes she got unlimited Purina One dry cat food - then last year after she had some issues with her teeth and some removed I started giving her Friskies 5.5 oz can of food at 6pm, and she still had unlimited Purina One all day (but only ate a couple of cups a week)

5. Anne Biddle

Anne Biddle Member

Truffles had all his teeth removed a few years ago! He’s mr gummy but it doesn’t seem to bother him lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.