Check this out canned food fans

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by George&Bert, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George&Bert

George&Bert Member

2. Jennifer and Spot (GA)

Jennifer and Spot (GA) Member

well, I see potatoes. Not good for a low-carb diet. Also, why not just chicken or turkey, why "chicken meal"?

3. George&Bert

George&Bert Member

According to what I have read (somewhere) meal is more digestible and appropriate to feed. NOT digest or by products.

4. Karen & Angus(GA)

Karen & Angus(GA) Member

5. George&Bert

George&Bert Member

Yikes...that's disgusting.

Well, I feed EVO canned and dry. I think they are okay.

6. Suzanne&Grey

Suzanne&Grey Member

The EVO dry I fed my late Grey at one point, chicken meal was second on the list. Herring meal was fourth. I wish I tried raw with her.

7. George&Bert

George&Bert Member

I believe that ad/link from Halo is pure deception. I work in the pet industry and years ago were told an animal can actually digest Meal better. It does not contain the nasty stuff Halo says I am sure now that I think on it.

The nasty ones are Digest and by-products.

Meal should be fine.

I asked EVO Natura today if they are having any recalls..they said No I asked them if any of the ingredients in their food were from China and they said..Never.

I can't feed all canned because it already cost me $12.00 a day just for the canned food. The EVO and treats are additional to that.

Plus wet seems to cause a lot more messy litters.

Here is a dog link, but it does apply: http://www.dogfoodproject.com/index.php?page=meat-meal

8. Suzanne&Grey

Suzanne&Grey Member

Not arguing, but what does happen with rendered animals?

Whoa, that is a lot to spend! My new cats had awful diarrhea on canned, I wasn't about to do dry again after Grey (GA), so I gave raw a try. With supplements added, it's about $0.33/day/cat for me now. Getting meat at BOGO really helps with that!

Good luck in your quest for good foods, I was certainly in your shoes and not too long ago.

Suzanne

9. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

I don't understand why these companies that want to make healthier cat food make all or almost all of their flavors fish :? The only ones not fish is the ones loaded with veggies (carbs) and gravy (carbs).

10. George&Bert

George&Bert Member

It does make you wonder...it also makes me wonder why all the corn,,,yeah..money and bottom line. They don;t care that they are making our guys sick. One problem is goofy dog and cat owners who walk out of the super market or Walmart with huge bags of junky trash pet food. So, the companies keep mass producing it.

11. Suzanne&Grey

Suzanne&Grey Member

Boy do I know that frustration too! I tried looking through the foods to eliminate an allergy, but how? Everything had EVERYTHING in it!

12. doombuggy

doombuggy Well-Known Member

I have to say we have tried Earthbourn and Cedric liked it but i seem to recall that it was more geared towards fish, and also expensive. When I rescued Dallas I moved towards buying the larger 12-13 oz cans, and i don't think this comes that large. I bought it at a local pet food store/small business owner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.