Checkers Now on Insulin

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Barb & Checkers (GA), Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

I had been able to keep Checkers diet-controlled for almost a year, since dianosis, thanks to what I learned on here.
    Unfortunately his bg has been staying in the high 200's lately. He was not showing symptoms, but obviously something was amiss.
    Vet check found UTI. After two weeks of Clav., his bg was still in high 200's, sooooooo,

He is now on 1u, Lantus twice daily, to start.
    The vet, who has known Checkers most of his 14 years, was amazing.
    I was afraid he would try to keep him there for a curve, or put him on a high dose to start. He told me nothing that I haven't already heard on this board.
    He was impressed that I've been testing Checkers for many months, and feeding only low-carb wet food.

Doc wants weekly reports to be mailed. I need to learn how to do a spreadsheet. I'm assuming they can be printed out?

Will someone please tell me the link to doing the spreadsheet? I don't remember where I saw it.
    Thank you

Today we have
    AMPS- 311.....gave 1u
    +2.....257
    +6....141
    +8....129

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are all prepared to deal with the insulin. Great you are hometesting. Here's the spreadsheet page: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

3. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

On the Tech Support board. Here's the link to the instructions: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16

The SS can be printed out and even saved as a PDF so you can email it. It's probably just easiest to give the vet the link to the SS (once you have it set up and published to the web) so that he can view the most recent bgs whenever without having to ask you for a copy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.