Checking In

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jenna Josie, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Happy Solstice, ProZinc'ers!

Just wanted to stop in and say hi. We haven't been updating recently, but Josie has pretty much been herself, hangin' flat and then diving (occasionally exacerbated, like today, by an effort to sneak in a 0.1 increase :rolleyes: ).

For Christmas, Josie wants an actual nadir.

Kris & Teasel and JanetNJ like this.
  2. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

Hi Jenna and Josie... we wish you a Christmas Nadir we wish you a Christmas Nadir we wish you a Christmas nadir and can we have one too?!! Yes I sang that

Jenna Josie and Idjit's mom like this.
  3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Hi there! We've missed you! :smuggrin:

4. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

I've been wondering where you went! Josie had a really lovely cycle today. Complete with a healthy nadir and everything. You got your Christmas wish early! Now if she would just repeat that instead of giving you so many flats in between!

5. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

So glad to hear from you!

6. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

If anyone is around, could someone please check Josie's SS and advise for dosing this AM? We are now at +14.5 with her regular breakfast (3 oz LC FF) on board for more than an hour, and she isn't budging much at all, up to 129 (with food) from 98 at what should have been her shot time.

:rolleyes:

7. Kris & Teasel

Total guess work - a half dose and check at +2 afterward? That's what I'd try.

Jenna Josie likes this.
  8. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

Your SS looks much like mine... sorry. Lol I did notice she’s on her 4th cycle of a dose change to 2U. I’ve noticed a pattern when I go up that I get a LOW AM/PM PS at that point myself but then when I reduce a bit numbers go right back up. Can’t advise on dosing as I am still figuring this out myself. Just wanted to let you know I feel your frustration...

Jenna Josie likes this.
  9. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Thank you! We’ll try that and report back in.

EDIT: 182 at +2.5 so . . . yay?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  10. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

So it seems as though last night's dose has finally worn off, and she's at 251 at +4 (gave 1u this morning about 3 hours late).

Two questions:
    1. Any opinion on tonight's dose. I am assuming she'll be high because of the reduced dose this am. I can never tell if this prolonged, low PS number is due to the dose being too high or if I just need to brave it out and stick with the dose until she settles.

2. Since I gave a reduced dose this am that will likely wear off well before her PS this evening, how much can I move her time up in an effort to start getting her back on schedule? Is the one hour leeway hard and fast under these circumstances?

11. Djamila

Because Josie has been diabetic for a while now, and you have lots of data, she can most likely handle more aggressive dosing than newly diagnosed cats that are more prone to unpredictable dives. You likely could have given her the full dose this morning. Your stall brought her to pretty much the same number she had two days ago, and you gave her the full dose just fine at that time.

I don't think the 2u is too much. I think she just had a really good cycle and ended up with more carryover than normal.

As far as getting back on schedule, assuming she's high enough at your regular shot time (which is likely), the reduced dose this morning should allow you to just resume your regular schedule. Of course if she isn't high enough at PMPS, you'll need to wait, but it looks like she'll be okay.

12. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Yes, she was more or less the same, but 148 at +13 with 1/4 can of food felt a lot different than 133 at +15 with a full 3oz. Or maybe it was just that her PS was actually green. :confused: Oh well! Hindsight, etc.

And yes, she is certainly high enough at her normal shot time! 295 :banghead:

13. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Hey! Look at our cat, who spent an entire cycle in the low/mid blues! :D

But . . . does the phenomenon of "high-and-flat-precedes-a-drop" happen in the blues as well as in the yellows, which has heretofore been Josie's flat color range?

14. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Hmmmm....I'm not sure that I've seen that happen before, which doesn't mean it can't. ECID after all.

15. Djamila

Well aren't those some pretty blues! :cool: Come on Josie! Keep it going!

16. Kris & Teasel

Who knows what Josie has up her sleeve? Interesting! :)

17. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Who knows, indeed? Not me, that's for sure!

She went back to her high-and-flat -- with the exception of a pink, boo! -- and so we sneaked in a teeny tiny .01u increase, and look at her now: 73 at +9. She looked good at +5 (146), and of course I have no idea if this 73 is on her way back up from something ugly. :confused: :(

One thing that freaked me out a bit is that right before this latest test, she was sitting with her back to me and turned her head over her right shoulder to look at me, and it was kind of shaking, sort of like she had a palsy. But once she stopped looking back so hard, it stopped, and she is acting her normal self. What was that?

18. Kris & Teasel

Maybe she was feeling jittery from a lowish BG even though she wasn't in a hypo.

19. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

I hope that's all it was . . . even though it feels pretty weird to "hope" she was feeling jittery!

I did just test her again, and she's back in the 140s with an hour to go to PMPS. Assuming she continues this trend is above, say, 180, do you think I should brave out this 2.1u again, given today's weirdness, or skinny it back down to 2.0? I wish I had kept an eye on her after her good +5 and had a better idea of whether that 73 was a nadir or a rise from a possible dip in the limes.

And I do apologize for always seeming to be asking the same question. I feel like I am just to the point when when I feel comfortable "shooting through the blues," and then she throws me a curve ball. Cats! :rolleyes:

20. Kris & Teasel

That 73 was well above the human meter take action number so you could try 2.1 u again. Cats make it their business to keep us guessing ... :confused:

Jenna Josie likes this.