Cheryl Intro

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by twinnie, May 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twinnie

twinnie New Member

Hi everyone,
    My name is Cheryl, and I, like so many of you, am heartbroken. I hope it's ok to say this here. I've tried and tried to get over my little Cocoa's death, but I just can't do it. He was my best friend. He died last year. He turned 12 years old one month earlier. I knew something was wrong. He was so thirsty all the time, but I was so afraid he had cancer or kidney failure (having been through both with two other kitties). My 16 year-old kitty had just died the year before. I don't know why I didn't take Cocoa to the vet. When he got a cold, I finally took him, but I did not ask to check for diabetes. I don't know why. I had found Cocoa as a newborn in a litter of four, then a few weeks later found him under my back door steps. He was dirty and severely dehydrated. The vet told me it was too late, but I couldn't watch him die. To her surprise, he pulled through. Cocoa always had skin allergies. I constantly had to get him shots for flea allergies. I was always covering him in Neosporin and lotions. He helped me do everything on the computer. I took classes and wrote a lot, and he was always right there with me. We spent a lot of time together. I miss him so much. I just can't seem to get over losing him.

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Awwww, I love a good kitty hug. Cute picture. I am so sorry for your loss. Most of us here definitely understand the pain of losing one of our babies, and it is very easy to start second guessing/blaming yourself. TRY not to do that. It has just been a year. Give yourself time, and it will ease.. really. Not that you will ever forget, but the pain will lessen.

You may want to visit the Grief Support forum.

3. Ileana

Ileana New Member

Dear Cheryl, so many of us can understand your feelings. Probably many of us have already lost a cat in our lives. FurBabiesMama is right: give yourself time. A LOT of time. And the time seems to pass so slowly when you mourn someone. Try to find something to do to keep your mind busier than usual. It worked for me... for some time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.