Chester has passed

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by jstutz99, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jstutz99

jstutz99 New Member

Three years ago, Chester was diagnosed with diabetes. Thanks to the wonderul people on this Board we were able to treat him with diet and insulin and got him OTJ about 2+ years ago.

In the last couple of weeks, he started vomitting frequently. We took him into the vet yesterday for a biopsy, and while that was occurring they found a large tumor wrapping inside and out of his stomahc and attached to other organs. The vet said the tumor was inoperable and would not respond to treatment and said that Chester would probably suffer for the next few weeks until he passed.

We made the difficult decision to euthanize yesterday afternoon and went in to say our goodbyes.

I had no idea how much it was going to hurt having him go so suddenly. I am grateful for the extra quality time that the folks on this board allowed us to have with him, but my family is massively grieving. He was a special boy and we loved him so much.

Kind thoughts and prayers are appeciated - thanks so much for being a supportive community.

Jeff & Chester (GA)

2. K.  Sya and Sophie (GA)

K. Sya and Sophie (GA) Member

I'm so sorry for your loss

3. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. *HUGS* You did the best for him, and gave him the best life any human could ever possibly give him. He was blessed to have you and your family as his own family, and I'm sure that he's eternally grateful.

4. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

(((((Jeff))))) I am so very sorry for your loss. May you in time smile at your memories of Chester. Fly free, sweet Chester. wings_cat

5. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss but you did right by your boy. Fly free Chester your daddy and family love you so much.
    jeanne

6. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for you having to say goodbye to Chester, but you gave him one of the greatest gifts we can give our furbabies. There are no words that will heal or fill the huge kitty shaped hole in your heart right now. But please know you don't cry alone, everytime one of us lose one of our special kids, all around the world there are tears falling with yours. ((((hugs)))

Mel & Muse (GA)

7. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

My heartfelt sympathy on the loss of your beloved Chester. We do great with treating the diabetes but we lose in the end when it comes to a cancer. I am so sorry for all those who knew and loved Chester......we miss them so very, very much......but you did right by your buddy....you knew when it was time to let him go. My heart goes out to you and your family. wings_cat

8. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Fly Free Chester. wings_cat It is so hard to let go, but you did what was best for him.

9. Donna and Flame

Donna and Flame Well-Known Member

Please accept my heartfelt sympathy on the sudden loss of your loving companion Chester. Losing them hurts so much, but you put his wellbeing and dignity above your own heartache and did not allow him to suffer. That is true love!
    I pray for comfort for your hearts in the days ahead.

Fly free dear Chester. You were dearly loved.

10. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I am saddened by Chester's passing. Make sure you take care of yourself at this difficult time.

11. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Jeff and family)))

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Fly free dear Chester.

12. cjleo

cjleo Member

so sorry for your loss of Chester. Hugs to you, and fly free, Chester. May your happy memories of his charms and antics sooth you and your family.

Claudia

13. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

May all your wonderful memories of Chester bring you comfort...

...'til you meet again.

14. spacey

spacey Member

So sorry to hear about your loss. Chester is in his heavenly Rainbow Bridge home now. Hugs

15. sabastian

sabastian New Member

I am so very sorry for your loss. Our kitties are like family to us. ((hugs))

16. Gina & Yittle (GA)

Gina & Yittle (GA) Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

17. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to see that you had to let Chester go. When these things happen so suddenly, it leaves us in a state of shock. You did so well taking care of him and treating his diabetes - but cancer is such a horrendous disease and sometimes we can do so little.

You made the sacrifice and the best choice for him - we have no choice when they will spend any time remaining with us in pain and suffering. It does hurt to let them go.

My heart goes out to you - I hope your wonderful love and memories will help you through the sadness of your goodbye.

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

18. Jayne & Sweety

Jayne & Sweety Member

I'm so sorry for your loss.

May your happy, loving memories carry you thru this sad time...until you meet again.

Fly Freeeeee Chester!

19. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss

Fly Free Chester rb_icon wings_cat wings_cat

20. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

I am so very sorry for your loss of Chester.

~M

21. Lee and Tida (GA)

Lee and Tida (GA) Member

I am so sorry to hear this. Fly free sweet Chester.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.