Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chesterfield and Josh

Chesterfield and Josh New Member

Good morning everyone.

I'm Josh, and my companion is Chesterfield. He was diagnosed with Diabetes Saturday, June 9th. Monday the 4th I noticed increased urine production, but gave consideration to there being a heat wave and that he is a domestic long hair kitty. I made sure to lower the A/C and monitored the next day. Again, more urine so I called the vet and set up an appointment for Wednesday. We did a full blood work up and I got the results on Friday, notating the chance it was diabetes. Chester is usually fairly stressed at the vet so we decided to do a urine analysis since his glucose may have spiked. I collected that Friday night and got the results Saturday, confirming our suspicions.

I went in with him on Saturday and learned how to give the shots. We are doing 2 units of Lantus, every 12 hours. The shots don't seem to bother him, so I'm relieved for that.

Just wanted to say hi. I'm extremely stressed but doing my best to not show that at home, so work hasn't been so pleasant this week. I have some specific questions, but I'll head to the main forum for those. Thanks for reading.

Attached Files:

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome Josh. Chesterfield is a cutie! You have found a wonderful resource to help you learn to take care of Chesterfield. When you have a few minutes, please create a signature that will display with each of your posts. Enter info about kitty: age, weight, diagnosis date, type of insulin, type of meter used for home testing, what kind of food you feed, any other medical concerns or issues, and general geographic location so there is a sense of time zone where you are. Just select your user name at the top upper right corner of the page, then select Signature. It can be edited at any time. This information with every post saves you from having to repeat answers and members trying to locate info in previous posts. Regarding being stressed, we all started there, perfectly normal reaction. However, you are here, searching for information and help learning the sugar dance because you care so much about Chesterfield. :cat:

4. Chesterfield and Josh

Chesterfield and Josh New Member

Signature added, thank you!

5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome! This is a great place for all the help and support you need. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.