? Chicago Help Needed

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by danam531, Apr 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danam531

danam531 Member

Hello all! I'm struggling with coming up with help for my two cats (one diabetic) while I go out of the country for 10 days at the beginning of June. My diabetic needs someone to test BG, feed (both cats) and the insulin (assuming BG in range). And then the obvious needs of refilling water, cleaning litter boxes. I wondered if anyone here new someone who would be willing to help? I'd be willing to pay, of course, or even to possibly have someone just stay at my house if they're willing to just spend 10 days in the city (Chicago - Lincoln Park). Any direction anyone can provide would be great.

PS - really looking to have someone come to my home vs board. Have also already looked into my vet's techs and am not really comfortable with the option there.

Thank you!!!

Dana

Attached Files:

2. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

Have you tried looking on sites like petsit.com? I've never used them but places like that usually have background checks done already. Not trying to say you can't trust anyone here but figured you might find someone local.

3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

jayla-n-Drevon likes this.
  4. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Hi!
    I briefly saw this last night and I have put the word out to my cat sitter.
    If I was closer I would be happy to check on the kitty's and test etc.
    I am hoping one of my contacts knows someone who is in the city.
    Being in the burbs it would be about a hour drive each way.
    Still working on it tho :)

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  5. danam531

danam531 Member

Sorry for the late reply - I didn't realize my notifications were going to an unused email address! @jayla-n-Drevon I appreciate any help you can give. I did find a lady that seems good but definitely open to more!

jayla-n-Drevon likes this.
  6. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Dana
    I've been out of the country and just saw your post
    So I live in Chicago not too far from you (Lakeview) - I just returned from a two week trip to Africa - 1st trip I've gone in a quite a while. Initially I said 'no' to the invitation because I didn't know what I would do for Murphy. My vet had a client who had a cat with Murphy's issues (IBD and diabetes) that died a few months ago - she asked her client (a true feline lover) if she would be willing to host Murphy in her home while I was away. She said yes. I met her, took Murphy over for a visit, and then he did just great there while I was away. Maybe you could ask your vet for advice. I won't be in Chicago full time in early June, but depending on your dates, I could be a resource for you. I so understand your angst PM me if you want to talk further

danam531 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.