Chicken Livers and Luvsome Pate/Kroger

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Harley Baby & Michele, Sep 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harley Baby & Michele

Harley Baby & Michele Member

My local grocer had raw chicken livers in a 1# tub; cheap too @ $1.50 Thought I would need to wear a gas mask while cooking but there really was no odor! I simmered in water for about 30 minutes (probably overkill), then chopped fine. All 4 cats DEVOURED it! I will spread the portions out over about 3 days. And no....I will not serve raw. It was hard enough for me to dump it in a pot without looking at it. Yes, I am a wimp. :nailbiting:

I do believe my cats have a Board of Directors meeting monthly at midnight to discuss how to stress out the staff, me. Periodically, they all decide not to eat what is served. Really, all of them, at the same time!:banghead::banghead:

I found a new pate that everyone enjoys......for now. Luvsome Chicken Dinner Pate. Found in Fry's, Kroger and other grocers. 50 cents for a 3 oz can. No carbohydrate ingredients. It does have a slightly stronger odor, not unpleasant, which may appeal to the more finicky feline. I have not seen any stinky bowel issues as sometimes seen with dietary changes. Simple math gives me a carb count of about 5% or less.

I am always looking for new products to pander to the whims of my fickle Lords and Ladies! I also look for more inexpensive products; high end foods will put me in the poor house with 4 cats. :rolleyes:

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) likes this.
  2. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Aldi has Chicken and Beef Entree pates for about 45 cents for 3 oz. can, Publix store brand pates are about 50 cents a can. Trouble is Bama has been in the Board of Directors meetings with your cats and concurs with their decisions to refuse what is offered. Well, he doesn't exactly refuse. But he does make it difficult to get what's in the can into him. Requires much stirring, mashing, adding of water, and following him around with the food dish like the sorry servant I am. I have glanced at the tub of chicken livers and the gizzards in the store but have yet to purchase. Nearly all his canned food is nauseatingly full of liver already. I don't know if he needs any more. As for the gizzards, my luck, he would refuse those as well and I surely will not eat them.

Harley Baby & Michele likes this.
  3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Idjit loves his raw chicken gizzards! I thaw and provide one or two a week in an attempt to help clean his teeth. He acts like he's in seventh heaven and really gets into chewing the gizzard up. ECID for sure!

Harley Baby & Michele likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.