Chinny's vomited a few times...

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sanden, Jan 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanden

Sanden New Member

...and he's not wanting to lap the gravy off the cans of Fancy Feast. All he wanted for dinner was Temptations treats which he threw up not long after.

Glucose is 80, he's not dehydrated, but really clingy. I found where he vomited once before earlier on his pet bed. No blood, no mucus, no bile, no acid, no food chunks in the emesis, just a slurry of Temptations and water.

I've held his evening dose of Lantus - normal dose is 18 u. Just a worried kitty mom. He's not interested in his feather wand or anything. I'm hoping it's just an off night and not pancreatitis. :(

2. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Good luck hopefully he starts feeling better in a while

3. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

I've never dealt with pancreatitis personally so I can't help there. Has Chinny been diagnosed with it before? Does he sniff the food and then lick his nose/lips? Because that could be a sign of nausea. Any kidney disease in the picture? You could try meat baby food (no garlic or onions) or plain boiled chicken to see if he'll eat that and keep It down.

And I have to inquire, even though I know this isn't the focus of your current question... Was "18u" a typo? I looked at your previous posts and the last dosage I saw was 2.5u in September. Even increasing by roughly.5 units a week, which is more than recommended here at doses less than 5u or so in the absence of a diagnosed high dose condition and without dry food in the picture, wouldn't get you near 18 units.

How often do you test? I just want to be sure that Chinny is safe, because I've only been across about 4-5 cats personally in the 3.5 years I've been on the board that were on that dose or higher.

I hope he gets to feeling better soon. :bighug:

4. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I give them 24 hours before I am really concerned and schedule a vet visit.

5. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

How's Chinny this morning?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.