Chloe update - Bye-bye Prozinc

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by srk4cats, Mar 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srk4cats

srk4cats Well-Known Member

Should be receiving the Lantus on the 20th, two more days. I doubt my vet will give me a paper prescription to take to Mexico, but I'll ask anyway. She "checked out" Marks' and prescribed refills there. I joined the Cats with Pancreatitus group on FB, though I'm not sure Chloe has it. If she's in pain, she's hiding it very well. What are the symptoms?

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

StephG likes this.
  3. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

4. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

Looks like she's getting some better numbers. That's a relief! Get those mid cycle tests in, especially on cycles with the better preshots. I wonder if the latest black was a bounce. Mid cycle tests will tell you if she needs more snacks to keep her from bouncing.

Djamila likes this.
  5. srk4cats

Maybe it went away with the DKA. She doesn't seem especially lethargic. When they did the ultrasound at her last hospitalization, the vet said her pancreas was inflamed.
    btw, this morning, I again noticed the syringe lost a drop when I was about to insert it into Chloe. Otherwise, I gave her the full dose of 2.25 because she ate a lot for breakfast.

6. srk4cats

I'm heading over to the Lantus forum. Should I start a new spreadsheet?

Djamila likes this.
  7. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

No, just insert a row below today, merge the cells and write in something about starting Lantus. Good luck with the switch! :)

Djamila likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.