Chloe5

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by srk4cats, May 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srk4cats

srk4cats Well-Known Member

Chloe is definitely perkier. She even got in a fight with Fuzma, spitting and hissing. She had Fuzma cornered, so I had to intercede. I really don't want to prick her again today, so I'm just going to feed her and give her usual dose. btw, I received my Zobaline today.

2. srk4cats

I tried to get a reading this morning, but she squirmed too much. Her behavior has gone back to her prima donna normal. I started her on Zobaline. I'm thinking of pricking her paw instead of her ear, but I'm a little scared.

3. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Good job trying! Sam can be pretty squirmy too. It sometimes takes some work to calm him enough to get the test done. What scares you about testing her paw? I did it a few times with Sam, and didn't seem to bother him any more than his ear did.

4. srk4cats

Chloe never got squirmy before when I pricked her ear. In fact, she often purred. Is there a video showing how to prick their paw?

5. Djamila

There isn't any narration, so the first part she's cleaning it with an alcohol wipe, then poke, squeeze (kind of hard squeeze) to get the blood to come out, and then clean again with an alcohol wipe. Cleaning the feed is extra important because they walk through the litter box.

srk4cats likes this.
  6. srk4cats

I might have to try it because this is the 2nd day in a row that I can't get a sample. The meter is always reading E13. I'm not sure whether to give her insulin this morning. Please advise. Thank you for the video. I was surprised to see that she drew blood from the middle od the paw pad. My vet tech told me to do it from the edge.

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  7. Djamila

I'm so sorry, Roberta, but without a test, there is no way we can give safe advice. Have you tried doing a test on yourself to see if there is something wrong with the meter? Or to see if maybe the meter is needing either more or less blood? Once you have the meter figured out, maybe you'll have better luck getting a test on Chloe.

You've had three no shots in the last few days, so shooting blindly (without a test) is just too dangerous.

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  8. srk4cats

Yes, I felt uncomfortable with it, so I finally got a reading just before I left for work. It was very high, 504, so I gave her 1 unit of insulin.

9. Djamila

Great job getting the test done! I'm curious why she's bouncing so much between the blue numbers and the black numbers.

10. srk4cats

I will try to do a curve today. Chloe started at 160 and was screaming for breakfast. Under 200, so no shot just yet. Her shot was late yesterday, so I'll test again in 2 hours. Gotta go, Fuzma's eating plastic. Two hours later (8:35), she tested at 3-something, so I gave her 1 unit. I'm not sure how to get back on track now since I leave for work at 7:30 tomorrow morning. I guess I will give the next shot at 8:00 pm.

Would love some feedback...

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  11. srk4cats

I am going to up her dose just a tiny bit from fat 1 to 1.5. I would really like to get rid of the pink on her SS.

12. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

Try to get some mid cycle tests in. When you increase it's a good idea to see how much the increase is working.

srk4cats likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.