Chronic Pancreatitis Cat Food Suggestions

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sohalia, Feb 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sohalia

Sohalia Member

I'm back again, with a newly adopted cat that surprised me with an out-of-the-blue medical problem. I know these forums are for diabetes, but I know quite a few of you are very knowledgeable about pancreatitis as well. I've spoken with her vet, and he approves of the current food that she is on, and he is waiting to hear back from a nutritionist at Royal Canin who will suggest certain protein, fat %s, etc. for us to aim for.

Now, it's not that I don't trust a professional's advice. Far from it, but I'm also not blind enough to think that the numbers that they come back with won't also magically align themselves with a Royal Canin product. I went down that road before with my sweet Nami, and she only started going into remission after she had the food suggested on this forum. Getting her off of Royal Canin saved her precious months.

TL;DR:
    My new baby, Hazel, is very picky, and will literally rather starve herself than eat something she doesn't like. (This got us into our current predicament, actually.) She MAY have an allergy to chicken, and of course we're only looking at wet food. We are currently looking at B.F.F. The vet is urging us to find a low fat food for her, and says that B.F.F sounds like a good food from the numbers. (links below)

Her symptoms, for now, are mild. She's not needing any medication or fluids. For now we'll be doing a diet change and drawing labs at a later date.

What sort of foods have you all used for your cats with pancreatitis? I'm open to pretty much any suggestion you all have. Thank you in advance for your time and expertise.

B.F.F (food I'm looking at getting her):
    https://weruva.com/product/too-cool/
    https://weruva.com/nutrition-landing/bff-ni/

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  2. billysmom (GA)

billysmom (GA) Member

Sohalia likes this.
  3. Sohalia

Sohalia Member

Thanks, I missed that one somehow! :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.