Chubby Cats flying

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Knox, Jul 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knox

Knox New Member

Hi all thank you for the add

I have 3 cats - all overweight

Stella 12 yrs (small frame 14 lbs)

Boy 12 yrs (medium frame 16 lbs)

Mouw Mouw 4 yrs (medium frame 16 lbs)

Stella and Boy are siblings I've had since they were five weeks old. Mouw was a stray I found living in my garage. He was about 6 months old and sucked his tail at night so cute!)

I'm living in Australia but will be flying back to Saskatewan Canada within the year. I'm terrified my cats won't survive the 27 hour trip!

My vet said that I have to get the extra weight off my cats.

Mouw eats human grade Roo meat raw plus advance Science crumbles and a chicken heart a few times per week

Stella now eats cooked chicken and raw chicken plus a few crumbles. She has always only liked hard food. She has lost 1 kg in 3 months

Boy has always eaten Fancy Feast and wouldn't touch hard food. He now eats ultimate indulgence x 3 cans a day and a few crumbles. He has gained s little

So I've joined this site hoping to find out what others experiences have been when flying their cats overseas? Plus how can I get my three cats to lose weight

Thanks everyone!!

Knox

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I can't help with advice about the long flight. However, Teasel's brother who was overweight lost a kilogram in a year because I switched him to the same low carb wet food I feed Teasel, my diabetic - no dry food at all and one 1/4 5.5 oz. can if wet food daily in three meals.

3. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Have you checked out a service that will help you fly your animals? My sister moved her dog from Regina, Saskatchewan to Indonesia and back to Houston, TX with them. They followed the animals, picked them up at the airport and stayed with them during stay overs. They helped guide and filing needed paperwork. I know it costs $ but may be worth it.

4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Have you checked to make sure you can take all 3 in cabin with you? Some airlines will only allow one pet per person in cabin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.