Cinnie Marty and Zoot!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Cinnie Cole, Jun 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Hi! We are new to this diabetes diagnoses for our buddy Zoot! Zoot! was abandoned in a nature preserve and survived 8 months before he approached us on our daily walk and doggedly followed us home. His weight got out of control and he got up to 33 pounds. Now, at approx 8 years old, he is a svelte 24 lbs. Happy to join (kind of) and learn more about Feline Diabetes.

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome! Would love to see a picture of the svelte Zoot! Come to the Main Health Forum to ask any questions you have. Hope to see you there!

3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to you and Zoot! We will help you learn how to manage the diabetes and keep Zoot! safe and get him feeling better. It does feel overwhelming at first to get the diagnosis, but the information and support you are looking for is here.
    We can point you to information about a good diet, the insulin Zoot! will be on and how to test blood sugar to see how the insulin is working for him. Looking forward to your future posts and learning more about Zoot!

4. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Thanks so much for the Welcomes! I have added Zoot! as my avatar. I will start digging into the information you have today. I am very excited to be part of this community.

5. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

He’s so cute!

6. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

What a 'dorable kitty! A lap full to be sure and we hope we can help both of you to getting him feeling great again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.