Citrouille

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Citrouille, Jun 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Citrouille

Citrouille New Member

35423283_207880970031982_4716597913256460288_n.jpg

Hi !
    I'm Daisy, 22 years old and from Montréal in Canada. I'm a graphic designer and a official crazy cat lover (mostly my cat)

Here is the story of my baby : (french native language)

Citrouille (pumpkin in english) was trapped at the december 2016. This cute guy was homeless for about 3 years. I found him so cute and he was alone every night, so I decided to adopt this big boy has my first cat. Citrouille was always really greedy! But the thing he most like to do is : licking himself. He have an allergy, so the doctor prescribed cortisone. It worked, but I feel like my cat urinate more. I put him on raw diet and stopped the cortisone. Anyway! The day passes and I think my cat is really annoying. I call him the ''catcoon'' because he eat Evvverything. When he go to the litterbox, everything stay on his paws. At this moment, I just think he's a special boy because of his claws. But I discover that even silice litter was only during 15 days instead of 30. He was kinda really small too for a catcoon. So just to take back some allergy medicine (because he vomited hairballs almost everyday), I decided to take him to the vet two days ago. SO ! I was kinda shy to be annoying with my question, and started to talk about the ''list of problem''. My vet is immediatly concern about diabetes and after two simple test; he was diagnosted. I was shock; almost killed my cat with cortisone. All of my mom feeling was right. My cat was just not a ''complicated one''. With my boyfriend, we decided to start the medicine.

My cat end up with a complicated life : huge dental problem,
    ''''souffle aux coeurs''', all day allergy (because it didnt stop during winter and food changed nothing) and diabetes. Here I am today, trying to understand this ''sugar baby'', but its my lover. I grew up in a non-caring animal family, I don't want to repeat that.

35414347_207890170031062_6444815894727098368_n.jpg

A picture today of my ugly baby, gray on the side because of constant licking and underweight.

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome Daisy. You have come to the right place for information to better learn the sugar dance and for support. Citrouille is not ugly, just needs some help to feel better. It will be very helpful if you would create a signature, which is the grey text beneath my response to you. It details information about your kitty, precisely so you don't have to repeat pertinent information and other members having to comb through previous posts for information. Just select your user name Citrouille at the top right corner of the page, and then select signature. Here is a link that further describes the signature and gives you a list of things you might include:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/editing-your-signature-profile-and-preferences.130340/
    This forum is our Welcome mat, and I suggest you post questions in the Main Forum, where more people check and can begin to help address your concerns. Please take a look at the different forums on the board so that you begin to feel familiar and know where to find different types of information.

Citrouille likes this.
  3. Citrouille

Citrouille New Member

Don't worry, its just a cute comments about him being ''ugly''. He just need some help and he will looks better. Its just sad that he have a lot of scars.
    Thanks for your welcome ! I did my signature and i'm starting to read stuff.

Idjit's mom likes this.
  4. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Bienvenue!

Citrouille likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.