Civie Frankie is such a handful!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ChloesMama, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChloesMama

ChloesMama Member

Frankie was a stray that Peter and I found, then when he got sick 2 days after finding him, nursed him back to health (my first syringe feeding experience, so I feel kind of close and attached to him). He's crazy affectionate for a stray that was living on the street for God knows how long... but his behavior is getting a BIT out of control.

When Frankie knows that Peter is leaving...he eyes him..and then will literally jump in the air and latch on to Peter's arm! He's scratched and bitten him.. I guess when he knows he's about to be left alone (Chloe is confined to the bedroom, because she can't handle Frankie chasing her everywhere and dominating her). Is he lonely? Does he need a young playmate? How can we get this wild side of him to calm down? He has toys and a scratching post with a nest on top. Peter plays with him and he gets into all sorts of mischief (we one time found 2 bitten up PEARS in each of our snow boots. a present, perhaps?).

We notice it too when he plays..he gets SO VICIOUS and doesn't know when to stop, unlike my other civies. He even goes for the neck and really tries to kill his toys (cute yet strange to watch).

Any suggestions? Sigh. Peter's arm looks pretty pathetic and I don't want this cat to like..attack his young nephews if they ever come over.

2. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

When you get the answer, let me know, will you ?

Our new kitty, Sophie (1 year old) is the same way. She
    absolutely terrorizes Tommy...and gets into all kinds of mischief.

I figure she'll outgrow it in a year or ten.

3. ChloesMama

ChloesMama Member

I also forgot to say that we had Frankie neutered at the end of January.. thinking the hormone levels would come down and he'd settled down a bit.

THAT didn't happen. bcatrun_gif

4. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

Allow several months for full benefit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.