Civie question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Shiloh & Rhonda (GA), Nov 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

Shiloh & Rhonda (GA) Well-Known Member

Taking Spuds to the vet tomorrow. I woke up to this this morning. He is not in pain, still eating, jumping on my lap. But his tail is limp. Any ideas? And no he does not go outside.

Attached Files:

2. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

Just to add: He has been diagnosed with kidney disease, very dilute urine in large amounts, but his weight has maintained what it was when he was diagnosed.

3. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

4. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

Thanks Mogs. I've read so much today my head is spinning. I had also read that it could be a bladder infection or anal gland infection. Hopefully the vet will tell us more tomorrow.

5. Critter Mom

(((Rhonda)))

Saying a little prayer for Spuds. Be sure to let us know how you both get on.

:bighug:

Mogs

6. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

will he let you gently feel where his anal sacs are just to see if he reacts or seems painful?
    sending prayers......

7. Critter Mom

Hi Rhonda,

Checking in to ask how things went today.

Mogs

8. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

Well, the vet couldn't get us in until Saturday. :(:(

But I did catch Spuds in the litter box, and he is peeing fine. Haven't caught a bm yet though. And with the two cats, I can't tell whose poop is whose. He is moving well, still scratching with his back legs, and cleaning himself. I also took @jayla-n-Drevon's suggestion and touch around his anus. Still a good solid pucker, so I think that is a good sign.

Critter Mom likes this.
  9. Critter Mom

Be sure to keep us up to date with developments, Rhonda; we worry so!

Mogs

10. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

Really no change today. I can't believe I forgot to check the one thing that I have experience with! Just checked his BG - 66. So that's not it. And a side note, I checked Shiloh on Wednesday. She was 68. Yeah!

Critter Mom likes this.
  11. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

Hi guys. We are headed to the vet in about an hour. Spuds is still eating, still jumping, still wanting affection. So I'm hoping for the best, but really scared and nervous. Asking for positive vibes that it's nothing serious. Will let you all know when we get back. [​IMG]
    :nailbiting:

12. Critter Mom

Sending prayers and positive vibes ...

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Mogs

13. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

So he isn't sure what the problem is. Said it could be any number of things. But since it is starting to perk back up some, probably best to wait and see. Also, what would I do if it was a tumor or something? At 16 I'm not keen on the idea of putting him under anesthesia. So as long as he is eating, drinking and using the bathroom and doesn't seem to be in pain, I guess I will let it be for now.

Critter Mom and Kris & Teasel like this.
  14. katiesmom

katiesmom Member

So it's starting to perk up now? Did he say tumors are common on the tail? Did he x-ray? I remember reading somewhere that cats have more bones in their tails than the rest of their body.
    I had a kitty who had arthritis in her tail, but it didnt really droop down, she just couldnt hold it up high.

15. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

He didn't do x-rays today, but offered to. I thought he was just too stressed out. He hates the car, and hates the vet. Pooped in the carrier, so I know he can still poop! Hissed at the vet as soon as he touched him. He was fine with me and the vet tech. He didn't say tumors are common, was just throwing that out as possibility. He didn't feel any breaks, and didn't think he was in any pain. Said it could even be from Shiloh laying on his tail when they sleep together, in the smallest bed possible! We have bigger ones, but they insist on using the smaller ones.

16. Critter Mom

Thanks for letting us know how you got on, Rhonda. Sounds positive that the tail is starting to raise a little. At least you've had a preliminary exam. Fingers and paws crossed that it will improve of its own accord. Will keep you both in my prayers. Be sure to keep us updated with Spuds' progress.

Mogs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.