Civie won't eat - got shots yesterday

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ele & Blackie (GA), May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Cive Charlie won't eat his breakfast this morning. I did get him to eat a couple of treats, but he won't even look at his food. He slept in the same spot all night, which is very unusual for him. He got his annual shots yesterday afternoon, so I think its some kind of reaction. I just don't know if its time to start worrying. Although you know that I wouldn't be posting here if I wasn't already worrying. Anything I can do to help him feel better?

2. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

you can always call vet (or are they closed) figures all happens on weekend. But I know a lot of critters are under the weather for a day after shots. mine usually are.

3. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Sounds like a normal reaction to getting the shots, but I agree.. please call the Vet & see how long this behavior is still considered "normal", 24 hours, etc?
    Feel better, Charlie!!

4. maryjoandsmokie

maryjoandsmokie Member

Don't let him get dehydrated. Do everything you can to get him to eat.
    Give him any kind of food he might like just to get him eating. Try baby food,
    drain the water from tuna fish and see if he'll drink that; several cans of the juice just to get fluids in him(i've used the cans with very low sodium) If you need to use a small syringe to
    help him drink some water. Test him for dehydration.
    My civie Fluffy had boosters 15days ago and was so sick i thought he was going to die. stayed in meatloaf position. Took him back to vet 3 times. had fluids. a nightmare from hell.
    I'll never ever give boosters again.

Try the chicken and gravy baby food. Fluffy would eat the gravy food.
    Let us know if he doesn't get better soon.

5. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you for all the ideas. I got out some hc food with gravy and diluted the gravy with water and he ate it. So I gave him a little more with a couple of pieces of food and he ate that. Now he's eating part of his breakfast. I think he's going to be better today. I was really worried when I saw him in the meatloaf position. But he's up now. I'll keep a watch on him today. My vet isn't open today, so I'm really glad Charlie is getting better.

Thanks again for your quick help this morning.
    Ele

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.