Clavamox and Low Glucose Readings???

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Barbara and Goodie, Aug 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barbara and Goodie

Barbara and Goodie New Member

Hi,

We Goodie is now on her second honeymoon. She's been OTJ for about 6 weeks. Her normal readings have been between 90-115.
    We started treating her with Clavamox for a urine infection this last Sunday and her reading yesterday and today was 77 and 66!
    I even tested twice to make sure the numbers were consistent. She is experiencing lack of appetite from the Clavamox which from what I found here it seems to be a common case with this antibiotic. However she hasn't showed me those kind of numbers before... Has anyone experienced this? Coincidence?

2. pamela and tigger

pamela and tigger Well-Known Member

The Clavamox doesn't lower the numbers in and of itself, but getting rid of the infection does. And since she has been on it since Sunday that may be the case. Of course, as you know, you still have to finish out the prescription. Nice numbers! :)

3. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

agree with pamela. clearing the infection up plus not eating as much most likely is the cause of the lower numbers. :)

4. pamela and tigger

pamela and tigger Well-Known Member

Good point Cindy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.