Clavamox for OTJ kitty?

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Smokey, Sep 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokey

Smokey Member

Can anyone tell me if Clavamox effects a kitty's blood glucose? My kitty is 3 weeks OTJ and I believe he may have another UTI.

Thank you!

2. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

I can't answer that question but if your choice is a higher BG for a period to clear up a UTI, I think I would take the higher numbers.
    I used it for only 4 days on Shadoe and her numbers did not go higher, but I think they were already higher because she was sick.
    I did take the rest of the meds back and switched to Zeniquin because whatever was ailing her, clavamox was not helping. The zeniquin is helping.

I hope kitty is better soon

3. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I'm sorry to hear Smokey may have a UTI. Maggie had a UTI midway thru her diabetes disease. I just looked at her SS, and she did seem to go higher the next day after I started her antibiotic but then leveled off the rest of the duration while on the antibiotic. Let us know how Smokey is doing. Feel better Smokey.

4. Smokey

Smokey Member

Thank you, I am not sure what is going on! He hasn't peed in the house for 9 months (since being on Prozac) and he peed last night on a chair. He doesn't really have any other indications of a UTI from what I'm reading and his blood tested last night at 56.

5. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Haven't been to LL today yet, so I don't know... did you cross-post in LL or on the Health board? I know there's a lot of experience with Clavamox.

Good luck!!

6. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi we used Clavamox while Scrabble was on insulin and it didn't affect his numbers at all! Good luck!

7. Smokey

Smokey Member

Thanks Michelle and Scrabble! So far so good. I tested him today at 65 6+
    :razz:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.