Clean Label Project cat food recommendations

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Bodinator, Aug 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bodinator

Bodinator Member

Has anyone heard of the Clean Label Project?
    http://www.cleanlabelproject.org/category/product-list/dog-cat-food/cat-food/
    They rate cat and dog food according to how many toxins are in them. Not all the flavors of the same brand are ranked together. For example, Fancy Feast Classic turkey and giblets gets five stars but some of the fish ones get one star. They also say that grain free may mean that the cat food has more toxins.

Tanya and Ducia likes this.
  2. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Wow, that's discouraging! If their ratings are correct, half of what I feed has a rating of 3 or lower, and the other half isn't listed.

3. Case

Case Member

Same here, weird how the fancy feast gravy lovers get mostly 5 star ratings but the classic pates only get about 3 or less. o_O

Squalliesmom likes this.
  4. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I also feed a lot of Pro Plan True Nature, very low in carbs. It didn't even make the list.

5. Bodinator

Bodinator Member

There's not much detail about exactly what makes a 5 star vs a 3 star. I thought it was interesting that grain free might mean they're putting other undesirable ingredients in there instead. They weren't even looking out for protein vs. carbs like we do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.