Clear cap lancets

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by alexanne, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexanne

alexanne Member

I am making this a new topic since I wanted to draw attention to it.

Larry advised using the clear cap on the lancet devise. I thought that was an excellent idea. Dawn and Nova had talked about using the lancet device and had said it was easy when you "got it aligned" which made me think that she did not have a clear cap as it would be easy to see through it to align the needle on the vein. I had sent her a private message as follows just to make sure she got it. Another point Dawn is in the States and I am in Canada which makes products and prices a bit different. I use the One Touch Ultra 2 and it has 1 to 9 settings. Here's the copy of the private message for anyone to read. Might be useful to others. The site for the One Touch is below and if you go into accessories you can see the lancet device and also if you read further on in the One Touch Ultra 2 you will see you have to send for the clear cap - Other products seem to come with this part included.

www.OneTouch.ca

"Lancet blood testing

Sent: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:00 pm
    To: Dawn & Nova
    Hi Dawn and Nova - I have been on-line discussing the lancet device - I noticed in your post you said about "once you got it aligned" - if you have been looking at my last posts you will see that Larry said to use the clear cap which comes with the device - I am in Canada and I use the One Touch Ultra 2 - this handbook mentions the clear cap but says you have to get it from them. If you read my posts I did try to get it from them and they wouldn't send it since I told them it was for a cat.

My point is when you said about "getting it aligned" I would assume you don't have the clear cap for your device - instead of putting on the blue solid cap you have this clear see through cap which for humans is for use if you aren't doing it on your finger. You can use your palm or forearm. For cats the clear cap would be excellent and make it even easier to "align" on the vein as you can see through it like a window.

Just thought I'd mention it - maybe you do have a clear cap?

Thanks for your help."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.