Cleo just died @6pm Pacific Time. Age 17

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by chriscleo, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry Cleo was called to the Bridge so quickly. For all she's been through it almost seems a special blessing for you both. I know that is little comfort and won't ease the hole in your heart from aching.

((((((Chris))))))

Fly Free, Miss Cleo wings_cat

2. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

ooh (((((((Chris))))))))

There are no words that will make you feel any better. I hope that in your grief, you realize that Cleo loved you just as much as you loved her. I know Cleo will be warmly greeted by all the FDMB GA kitties, Cosmo included.

Fly free Cleo. You are loved by many.

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Chris I am so sorry (((((hugs)))))

Fly free sweet Cleo rb_icon

4. Sarah and Velcro

Sarah and Velcro Member

Fly Free Sweet Cleo (((hugs)))

5. Ed and Bally

Ed and Bally New Member

I'm sorry! I know how you feel having just lost my cat.

It's really hard to be there when it happens feeling so helpless. My heart goes out to you.

God Bless,

Ed... and Bally

6. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA Member

Oh ((((Chris)))) I'm so very sorry.

You and Cleo fought the good fight. I'm sorry her time here had to end... but she'll be waiting for you...

7. Trish & Harley (GA)

Trish & Harley (GA) Member

I am so very sorry

8. KarenRamboConan

KarenRamboConan Senior Member Moderator

(((Chris))) I am so sorry! Please know that you are being held in the hearts and thoughts of many people around the world. Wishing you comfort and peace in your sorrow.

Fly free, sweet Cleo.

Let me come in where you are weeping, friend,
    And let me take your hand.
    I, who have known a sorrow such as yours, can understand.
    Let me come in--I would be very still beside you in your grief;
    I would not bid you cease your weeping, friend,
    Tears bring relief. Let me come in--and hold your hand,
    For I have known a sorrow such as yours,
    And understand.

-Grace Noll Crowell

9. Linda and Mandy

Linda and Mandy Member

Chris, I am sorry. Hugs and love to you both. Fly Free Sweet Cleo. wings_cat

10. Amy'sWinston (GA)

Amy'sWinston (GA) Member

((((((((((((((((((Chris))))))))))))))))))) I just can't believe it! I'm so deeply sorry to read this. Cleo was one of those that despite rational thought you just think will go on for ever.

Praying you peace and comfort.....

Run free, Cleo, and rest joyfully. You will be missed more than you know... you touched more of us that you never met than you can even imagine.

11. Sandy and Boris

Sandy and Boris Member

(((Chris)))
    I'm so sad that she is gone. I know you must have been shocked, I was. I guess I always thought that we would know when she was going to go to the bridge. You did so incredibly much for her and gave her the best of life any kitty could have. I'm so relived to know that you were with her at the time.
    I think it might have been you that said Mis Mew was "my once in a lifetime kitty", I know that Cleo was for you. Eugene and I will always remember her and continue to look at her little video that I have saved. Gene wants me tell you how sorry he is too, and that he thought she was a beautiful little girl. I hope that Cleo is cuddling with Mew, I always thought of them as sisters. May you find some peace in the years and years of precious memories you have of the love you shared.

Fly Free Mis Cleo.
    I've always loved you from afar.
    My very deepest sympathies.
    Sandy

12. Allie & Myrtle (GA)

Allie & Myrtle (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh, my goodness, how sad, and what a shock - for us all.
    You and Cleo have been identities on the Board for a long time now, and always will be. Her soul is united with you as closely as your two names in your username, and your love will live forever.
    How sweetly sad (but good) that she died in your arms!

13. Donna & Shiloh (GA)

Donna & Shiloh (GA) Member

My heart is very heavy. I know how you feel. Praying the emptiness is soon replaced with happy memories. It'll take a while but it'll happen. Donna

14. OLM Catnip Cottage

OLM Catnip Cottage Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry to hear this. She was such a beauty. She must surely be the loveliest angel. May God bring you comfort and peace.

15. maryjoandsmokie

maryjoandsmokie Member

Chris, i am sorry...so very very sorry.

16. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Chris, I am so very sorry to learn of this. You loved her so much and did everything possible for her. She will be missed by all of us.

Fly free sweet Cleo.

17. Sophia

Sophia Well-Known Member

I am so sorry that you lost your sweet Cleo and my heart goes out to you. Such a terrible shock but I am so glad that you were with her when it happened. My prayers go out to you and Cleo. I am so sad.

18. fourcatsmama

fourcatsmama Member

I just now read the news. I am in shock. So so very sorry for your loss. Fly free, sweet beautiful Cleo.

19. missyandlittlegray

missyandlittlegray Member

Chris, I'm just seeing this now. I'm so sorry, and so sad for you. What a shock, but I'm glad you were together. Maybe that was her gift to you, to be able to hold her close. I remember our conversation about our once-in-a-lifetime cats. It's so hard to lose our special friends and soul mates. (((((Chris)))))

20. RuthV

RuthV Member

I'm so sorry to hear this.

I'm sure she was the sweetest cat, knew you loved her deeply, and you gave her your best.
    And I'm sure she was at peace at her end - in your caring arms. I hope the pain of this is soon removed by good memories.

21. Karen & Pearl

Karen & Pearl Member

I haven't been around for a while and just saw this. I'm so sorry! ((((((hugs)))))))

22. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear Chris,
    Cleo was a wonderful, brave kitty and I know how much you miss her. Fly free, sweet Cleo! All your friends at the Rainbow Bridge welcome you as we here must say farewell until we meet again.

In deepest sympathy,
    Ella
    p.s. Chris: It seems I have posted twice--once in Lantus on 31 Oct. and now here. So sorry for the confusion, but continuing to send thoughts to comfort you in your loss.

23. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss...beautiful baby girl Cleo.

May all your wonderful memories bring you comfort...

...'til you meet again.

24. Holli & Ping (GA)

Holli & Ping (GA) Member

I am so sorry for your loss of Cleo. I haven't been on the board in weeks and just saw this. May your fond memories of Cleo live on. Hugs, Holli

25. mrswoodwoose

mrswoodwoose Member

So sorry, Love and light, Kay and Cattro.

26. gingerand((calliope))(GA)

gingerand((calliope))(GA) Member

Chris, I'm so sorry to read this. Tears for you and your Cleo. Fly free Cleo.

27. Wendy & Tiger

Wendy & Tiger Member

OMG... I was out of town and missed this...

(((((Chris))))) I am so sorry that you lost your beautiful, beloved Cleo!

I have lost so many over the years. And the one that haunts me the most was a sudden death similar to this. Squeaker was literally fine one minute and dead the next. There was no warning, and absolutely nothing we could even try to do. My head knows that there was nothing that we missed seeing or doing, no way to predict it, and nothing we could have done. But my heart still feels that we let him down...

My consolation (and it's a huge one) is that it was so very fast (it felt like hours, but was actually literally about 30-seconds), we were right there with him, and he did not suffer. I hope that you will be able to find consolation and peace from that same thing. Cleo went quickly, at home, in your loving arms. For her, that was a wonderful way to go.

Cleo will always live on in your heart!

Sending many hugs and prayers...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.