Cloudy Eye

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kacie and Sadie, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kacie and Sadie

Kacie and Sadie Member

Hi Everyone~

Has anyone experienced their diabetic cat having a cloudy eye? Last December, Sadie's eye clouded over (like a milky white) overnight. I immediately took her to the vet that day and the vet was not sure if it had anything to do with her diabetes or not. She prescribed an antibiotic ointment and another ointment that dialates the eye. It went away in about a week. This past Saturday night, I noticed her eye looking a little cloudy and I took her in the next day. They did a test that looks in her eye and there was no glaucoma or cateracts. We are on the same 2 ointments. Today, her other eye is starting to cloud. Its frustrating and stresses me out!

Kacie, Tim, and Sadie

2. Karen & Pearl

Karen & Pearl Member

Wow. Pearl has cataracts and they have seemed to get worse and better, but there. Does it look like a surface cloudy? It sounds unusual. Do you have an opthmologist vet near?

3. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

have you had any blood work done recently? sometimes that is a sign that they have "fatty blood" and develop a condition called lipemia retinalis.
    here is a link with more information: http://www.petplace.com/cats/cloudy-eye ... page1.aspx
    but you might want to ask your vet for a referral to veterinary ophthalmologist since without a diagnosis it is hard to know if what your cat has is serious or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.