GA Clyde August 9, 2001 - June 11, 2015

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by fun2doimpossible, Jun 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fun2doimpossible

fun2doimpossible Member

Clyde has gone ahead.

It happened very quickly tonight. I noticed he didn't eat his dinner last night (or ate very little of it) and the same with his breakfast, so I took him to the vet tonight.

The vet examined him and did an x-ray. Based on the x-ray, his chest was filled with fluid. The vet was going to try and drain the fluid but before he even got a chance to try, Clyde crashed. It was his heart disease that took him.

I'm glad was able to be with him as he went ahead.

Clyde was always a very skittish cat. I think he spent most of his first 7 or 8 years living under the bed. He was scared of the world but eventually he came out of his shell. He liked to curl up on my bed next to me. Since Max went ahead, his new favorite spot on the bed was where I typically sleep. He hated to be held but if I was in bed he'd come up and rub himself against me wanting to be petted and some attention.

clyde.jpg

2. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

We are so very sorry for your loss. How good you were able to be with him as he crossed the bridge. You did all there was to do, and he know he was loved very much. We are thinking of you as you grieve your loss.cat_wings>o

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  3. fun2doimpossible

fun2doimpossible Member

4. Jamye and Fred

Jamye and Fred Member

Fred and I send our deepest sympathies. :rb_icon:cat_wings>o

5. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Requiem aeternum, Clyde.

{{hugs}}

6. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    I'm so sorry you had to say so long. You will see him again.
    Fly Free Clyde.
    [​IMG]

7. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry it was Clyde's time to cross. I'm glad he went so quickly, we hate to know our babies are suffering.

Fly free, Sweet Clyde, and land softly. :rb_icon:

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

(((Will))) I am so sorry to hear it was Clyde's time. The sudden ones are especially hard. :bighug::bighug:

Fly free Clyde - send a message when you make it safely to the other side.

[​IMG]

9. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

oh will, I'm so sorry. You have my deepest sympathy.

fly free little one . . .

[​IMG]

10. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :rb_icon:cat_wings>o

11. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear the news of Clyde's passing. It was good you were there with him when he started on his journey though. He could feel your love.

Fly free Clyde cat_wings>o
    you always said I was your angel...now it's time to get my wings.jpg

12. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry Will to learn of Clyde's passing, my deepest condolences to you at this sad time.:bighug:cat_wings>o

13. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Clyde(especially since you just lost Max)- Fly Free Sweetie and land softly!
    heartcandle.jpg

14. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

What a blessing to live 14 years with a best friend, a human who loves you, and a home where you can relax and let all of your anxieties disappear -- and then to cross the bridge bounded by your human on the physical side and your bestie on the spiritual side. Now he and Max are playing happily, awaiting the day when you can all be together again. May the celebration of their wonderful lives bring you peace when you need it most.

15. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((((Will))))

I am so, so sorry for your loss. Clyde had clearly found his person and I am glad you were able to share a bit about him with us and we could be a part of his journey.

Fly free Clyde and land softly. There are many of our well loved kitties who will be at the Bridge to greet you and keep you safe until you are reunited with the one you love best.

16. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. Fly free Clyde. Sending prayers.

17. Tina & Sammy

Tina & Sammy Well-Known Member

This saddens my heart for :bighug:you:bighug: and for cat_wings>oClydecat_wings>o!

Fly Free Little Man!

18. fun2doimpossible

fun2doimpossible Member

@Jamye and Fred @BJM @rhiannon and shadow @Tricia & Cinco @Wendy&Neko @julie & punkin (ga) @tiffmaxee @Chris & China @suki & crystal @Tiger and Ruth @AZJenks @Sienne and Gabby @carfurby @Tina & Sammy thank you for your condolences.

I'm glad he is at peace. I'm glad it happened while I was at the vet's office so I could be there and we could help make him comfortable as he crossed over.

The house feels strangely empty right now. For the first time in 14 years, there is no one there waiting for me when I come home.

19. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

burning-candle-hi.png

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Marilyn and Polly

20. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Will, I am so sorry to read this. It breaks my heart. You were such a good bean for Clyde, he knew it too. Be at peace Clyde. Mannie is waiting for you at the bridge, will help you settle. Max will too. Life is good there. I hope that the many memories will be of comfort to you Will. He will alwyas be with you, tucked away in that corner of your heart. Fly free little one. :rb_icon:

phpPfAouMAM.jpg
    For Clyde, so that he may always have grass at his feet, trees to climb, sun on his back, and rainbows to play under. Fly free Clyde, we will miss you.

21. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear Will,
    :rb_icon:Clyde was a fine kitty and we know how much you will miss him. But he's there, in your heart, and waiting with his pals at the Bridge for that wonderful day when you will meet again. Fly free, Clyde! You are much loved. cat_wings>o

In deepest sympathy,

Ella & Edward, Rusty, and Stu (GA)

22. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry. You gave Clyde the best of everything, and I'm sure you feel his beautiful light shining down on you now. Our prayers and sympathies are with you...

23. Jamye and Fred

Jamye and Fred Member

((( hugs )))

24. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss of Clyde. What a wonderful life you gave him.

25. Lorraine Edwards

Lorraine Edwards Member

soooo sorry to hear of your loss of Clyde, forever in our hearts big hugs xx

26. Marshmellow & Steve

Marshmellow & Steve Member

I am so sorry for your loss. Know that Clyde knows that you were there for him.cat_wings>o

27. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

Donovan and many other sugarcats will greet Clyde at the Bridge...

[​IMG]

MJ

28. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Fly Free, Sweet Clyde. You found comfort and love with Will. Watch over him and send him signs that you truly never really left him.[​IMG]

29. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm SO sorry it was sweet Clyde's time to cross....BIG HUGE loooooooong hug. Remember, he's not gone - you just have to hug him differently.

Soar high on your new angel wings sweet boy....

30. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

[​IMG]
    ((((( Will )))))
    I'm so sorry for your loss. This is so sad.
    Clyde knew how very much you loved him...

cat_wings>o Fly free dear Clyde... land softly.

31. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry (((Will))) but also glad that you were with him when he passed.

RIP Clyde :rb_icon: gone but never forgotten.

32. Linda and Scooter & Jack

Linda and Scooter & Jack Well-Known Member

11302_10202404577467866_7863024317940789834_n.jpg

I am so sad for your loss and hope you have many great memories.

33. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

My deepest condolences Will on the losses of your beloved cats Clyde and Max. May precious memories sustain you at this most difficult time.

34. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Oh Will....I am just so very sorry. There are no words which can comfort you but Clyde knew how much you love him. I'm glad you were there when he crossed....the one he loved most.

Fly free, Clyde.

[​IMG]

35. JuJu09

JuJu09 Member

We send our condolences, Will. Fly free Clyde cat_wings>o

Hugs and Headbutts,
    Matt, Ava, KiKi and JuJu

36. Kim & Twice

Kim & Twice Well-Known Member

Will, I am so sorry to read this. You were an amazing bean to Clyde and being able to be there with him was surely a huge comfort to him. Big hugs to you.

Land softly sweet Clyde:rb_icon:

37. fun2doimpossible

fun2doimpossible Member

@pollydoodle @Michelle and Mannie (GA) @Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) @Amy&TrixieCat @Jamye and Fred @Melanie and Smokey @Lorraine Edwards @Marshmellow & Steve @MJ+Donovan @Ann & Tess @Squeaky and KT @Jill & Alex (GA) @Vyktors Mum @Linda and Scooter & Jack @Voula @Marje and Gracie @JuJu09 @Kim & Twice thank you for your condolences and the hug.

I'm slowly starting to go through everything. Some things like packing up all of the extra cat food and the litter weren't that hard. I took them to the local shelter and I know they will be put to good use. (It was unbelievably hard to walk out of there without taking one of them home, especially when I went into the cat room and about a dozen of them walked over and wanted attention. They had moved since I got Clyde from there and offered to give me a tour of their new building.)

Other things, such as the bed in the guest room that is messed up from where he would lay on it and the litter box filled with fresh litter, I haven't been able to touch yet.

38. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

All we go through with our special babies, and then suddenly something else seems to come up and take them from us. So sorry. I know how difficult it can be. Wishing you peace and warm memories. Fly free sweet Clyde.

39. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss:bighug:cat_wings>o

40. fun2doimpossible

fun2doimpossible Member

41. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss of Clyde.
    Sending prayers and light to your way.
    :bighug:

42. Delia

Delia Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss :rb_icon:cat_wings>o

43. fun2doimpossible

fun2doimpossible Member

@mariko and @Delia thank you for your condolences.

I don't know why, but Thursday night before I put Clyde in the carrier, I had this horrible feeling he wouldn't be coming home with me that night. I had been putting off getting impressions of his front paws and something told me I had to get that done before we left. Earlier this year, he had given me the best present I could have possibly hoped for - he went OTJ a second time, the day after Max had passed on. It was a glimmer of hope and light during an otherwise dreary time.

44. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

I'm glad you got his footprints, Will.

No other kitty could take the place of Clyde, but at some point another furbaby might lighten your heart. We waited 2 months after punkin died before we got 2 kittens. It didn't make me miss punkin any less, but it did bring some life back into our home. :bighug:

45. fun2doimpossible

fun2doimpossible Member

Thank you @julie & punkin (ga) for your condolences. After dropping off the excess cat food at the shelter, it was soo hard to walk out without another two (or three....or more :)) furbabies. But I know I'm not ready right now. I think I would end up comparing them to both Max and Clyde rather then loving them for who they are.

I lost Clyde a week ago today. I still miss him greatly. I find myself waiting in bed each morning for the walking around and nuzzling that signaled it was time to get up and to give Clyde his breakfast, or looking for him curled up in one of his two favorite spots.

julie & punkin (ga) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.