? Cocoa's ups and down advice needed

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cocoa12, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cocoa12

Cocoa12 Member

Ok so hi. My cat Cocoa has been having odd blood glucose numbers for about the past month. He is on 0.25 units once or twice a day depending on his reading. Yes I know it should be the same dose but I can not bring myself to giving him the dose when his numbers are low and I need to leave for work. Please take a look at my excel sheet and please let me know if I am doing anything wrong here. I want to know should I be adjusting his does depending on his reading? Is he possibly trying to go into remission?

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Given your comfort level and I would not want to leave her alone if low either, I would dose .25 twice a day even if she’s high for at least a week unless she drops too low. Then I would do a curve the first day I could.

3. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Good morning :cool:

Cocoa earned a decrease today based on the AM+1 of 78.
    Since his numbers are not quite all in the normal range I don’t think it’s wise to stop insulin just yet so I recommend you reduce to .1u and shoot every 12 hours.
    52B0AF95-B404-4C5F-A0CD-FAB71F47FB53.jpeg
    I found a magnifying glass helpful when we got to this stage. ;)

Keep us posted ...

4. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

All those blue numbers on the chart show good regulation. I tend to be more conservative than others. The small doses you are giving are hard to get exact values.

I don't think you are doing anything wrong - just the opposite. Cocoa's numbers are looking real good. It would not surprise me to see Cocoa go off the juice in the near term.

5. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Hello again :cool:

So far so good on the 0.10u.

What is his feeding schedule/amounts? Any mini meals during the course of a cycle or does he eat only at shot times?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.