Cody 3/30 Vet visit- started bupe today

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Nancy and Cody, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

Still trying to work on Prozinc TID - learning thru experimenting. Told my vet and she didn't shoot me :smile:

Today's vet visit was to re culture his urine for status on his enterococcus UTI, but while we were there I asked again about buprinex. It seems like he's stiffer and walking slower, and on the days after his aspirin, he frequently seems happier- purring, etc. Cats are hard to tell, but ... he's just not the same boy he was, affection wise, and maybe this will help.
    He's up to almost 12#'s , the porker. Can you say GROWING?

I wanted to start very cautiously, so I'm pretty sure she said to give .2 ml in a regular syringe (not insulin syringe) in his mouth. Does that sound like a dose others have used?

Today, he seemed a little tipsy, but was purring and moving faster on his feet. His numbers seemed better possibly also, or maybe I caught the rise better today- (I sound like we're surfing :D no ocean here- too bad).

Hey- tomorrow is april fools day. :mrgreen:
    and nursing acceptance letter come in april.... so think good thoughts for us! :D :D :D

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

0.2 ml may be right but I can't make a judgement with knowing Cody's weight.

3. Nancy and Cody

Do you mean "without" knowing his weight? He was 11 lbs 14 ounces, I think

Larry, you any good with tid dosing on PZI?

I'm pretty sure she said the range was .17ml to .5 ml but she wanted me to give .2ml 1x/day. she did the first one while I was there.

4. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Good thoughts for all of you! Didn't know you were trying for nursing school, but good luck. Hope the bup makes a difference. Several of the "older" acromoms use bup for their babies.

When Boo had bup at CSU, we did .175 ml as needed. She weighs about the same as Cody, so it seems like a reasonable dose.

5. Nancy and Cody

my daughter is the nurse wanna be. I'm a retired PT. done done done :D

6. Nancy and Cody

HURRRRRRAYYYYY - letter came today- ACCEPTED for fall 2010 - boy she has worked her butt off for 3 years for this!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :dizcat :dizcat :dizcat :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT drinking24 drinking24 drinking24 drinking24 :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

7. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Yay! Congratulations!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.