Cody's IGF 1 =280

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Nancy and Cody, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

:cry: :cry: for those of you lucky enough to not know, this is positive for acromegaly. Posting here also because he's a prozinc-er.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5323

2. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

I'm sorry Nancy. But I'm sure you'll take wonderful care of him and keep him healthy for many more years.

3. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Man, that stinks. I'm sorry.

Knowledge is power. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders and Cody is a very lucky kitty to have you.

Good to hear you got your result before the end of the week. Thank you for letting us know.

4. Nancy and Cody

Thanks guys... guess I have some more to figure out. I'm stunned, but i'm not surprised. just sad and wondering what he's feeling.

5. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Awwww, bummer! I don't know much about it, but I hope it's a relief at least to have an explanation for the needed higher doses. He's probably feeling lucky he has a great mom to take care of him. :D

6. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Nancy, I'm so sorry. I hope you can find some comfort in at least knowing now. Sometimes the not knowing what is going on is the worst. I hope now that you have diagnosis that you get Cody better regulated and feeling good.

7. Nancy and Cody

Thanks everybody, yes, it really does take away the question about my dosing increases, which for the most part I did without my vet and long before I joined this board. His sugar never got better and she would frequently say 'hold the dose" and I finally got tired of holding and .....
    Now I need to try to get his numbers down, and as I understand it I keep going until I get better control. The diagnosis really helps me feel like I'm doing the right thing, and not second guessing "am I crazy for giving .... units?' of this powerful drug. What a weird disease!

I just hope he isn't suffering too much. He's not anything like the cat he was 3 years ago and he's not affectionate at all anymore, which is a total turn around. He is not mean at all, and is a GREAT patient, lets me do anything without fussing, but it is kinda sad how he never wants to be with us anymore. Maybe this is God's way of letting me get used to the idea that he'll be gone someday. I will be a basket case when I lose them.

BTW & FYI
    I think I got a bad vial of Prozinc last week, possible frozen in shipping to the vet. Unfortunately it happened around the same time that Cody GORGED himself on dog food (I was ZONED into the FDMB and forgot dog food was down). Prozinc (B.I.) was great, and mailed a new vial to my vet, unfortunately it took 6 days because I called them Friday at 5:15.

8. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Nancy,

I think I know how you must feel with Cody not feeling well and the vet taking their sweet time. Although it was for a much shorter period, the vet messed around for two months before I decided to take over and I got H roughly regulated in a couple days. During those two months it sounds like H was feeling similar to how Cody feels. Just didn't want to have much to do with me - and so strange for such a lover. He obviously was not feeling well - meatloafed and hiding in the corners. It's so hard as a kitty parent to see them like that. We pulled through it and I'm hopeful you guys will too soon. It looks like maybe you were starting to make some progress before the blasted bad vial. How is Cody's PU/PD [drinking & peeing]? One thing I should have done was to give H methyl-B12, it probably would have helped along his recovery from the high numbers sooner.

H has limited time here too. Every new day I wake up and pet him on him in his bed in my office and he greets me with his soft "good morning" trill is an amazing blessing.

9. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Nancy, I'm sorry to read about Cody's dx, but I know that as you said, it must be validating to hear that there's a reason for his continued high insulin needs.

He really is lucky to have you, and you him. They are blessings always. I am hoping that he will come around and want to be with you more; I know that's hard. (((Nancy and Cody)))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.