? Cold Kitties

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Oreo's human, Jun 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oreo's human

Oreo's human Member

Oreo's BG is hovering around high normal for now and I am happy. However, I caught him hanging out in front of the bathroom heater. (His mom had a history of thyroid issues, which of course alters the regulation of body temps.) He lost a lot a weight recently but seems to be on the mend and loss of that fat can also change body temp so I am not overly concerned but I didn't know if diabetes it's self could alter thermoregulation in cats. Anyone know? Thanks, Blairanne

2. Jamye and Fred

Jamye and Fred Member

Fred's body was cooler when he was having his pancreatitis attack. He stayed in meatloaf position most of time, with feet tucked under. Any other issues other than weight loss? Fred had vomiting, poopies, no appetite. Hope Oreo is just feeling a chill, and no biggy.

3. Oreo's human

Oreo's human Member

Oreo has always been a vomit-er but I have notice an up swing in that; actually, it might be a bit better. He is eating like a horse! The weight loss was due to a sugar issue while we were on vacation. I haven't noticed anything else.

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

All kitties seem to like warm and cuddly places...I don't think it has anything to do with if they're actually cold....LOL

How many times do we see our kitties (healthy or diabetic) sleeping in the sunshine no matter what the temperature is?

Oreo's human likes this.
  5. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

It also could just be an issue of age. I know I got a lot colder as I got older.

Anitafrnhamer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.