Cole Dosing Question for AM

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (The Main Forum)' started by beene5052, Sep 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beene5052

    beene5052 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2017
    pre feed BG was 359 this morning. What dose should I give him? No SS yet
     
  2. Kris & Teasel

    Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2016
    Yes, he needs insulin. I'd try a dose of 1 unit for now. If needed you can work him slowly up in 0.25 u increments over the next several days.
     
  3. beene5052

    beene5052 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2017
    Thanks so much! When should I test next?
     
  4. Kris & Teasel

    Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2016
    It always a good idea to get a test at +2 if you can. This can sometimes show you what's in store for that cycle. If the BG is higher - probably uneventful; if the same or, especially, lower - more monitoring needed because there might be some BG lowering action.
     
  5. beene5052

    beene5052 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2017
    Okay sorry. His BG 313 at +6. Hardly could get any blood this time. Maybe dehydrated? Thanks
     
  6. beene5052

    beene5052 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2017
    Cole BG 325. Dose 1 unit. Will check again in morning and +2 and will need guidance for dosing tomorrow pm. Thanks to anyone who can help!
     
  7. beene5052

    beene5052 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2017
    Hubby dosed 1.25 u for PMPS. All data up on SS now. Do we wait for instruction for each dose? Is this normal procedure for just day three? Or do we try to dose Cole ourselves tomorrow at 1.25 if values about the same as tonight? We are so confused! He understands one thing and I interpret it another way! I guess we are in the teething stages now. Please advise someone before 8:00 am in the morn if u can or tonight what we should do. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
     
  8. Kris & Teasel

    Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2016
    That 1.25 u dose should be OK. I suggest you keep it both tomorrow and Saturday AM and PM. You're still in the very early dose-finding stage. The dose might have to go up but it's best done in 0.25 u increments if there's no improvement in BG level after 3 or 4 cycles at a dose (1 cycle is the 12 hours from one dose to the next). Always test before giving a shot, give the shot 20 to 30 minutes after feeding and remember to remove all food at least 2 hours before the pre shot test.
     
  9. beene5052

    beene5052 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2017
    You woman are a life saver! We can sleep well this weekend!
     
    Kris & Teasel likes this.
  10. Kris & Teasel

    Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2016
    Glad to help! :)
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page