Cole Please Advise!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by beene5052, Sep 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beene5052

beene5052 Member

Cole is at 158Bg at PMPS (9:00pm). Do we NS him? Repeat every 20 minutes, (all night!) or do we give him say .50 dose? Any suggestions? We be tired!

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Don't feed him yet and test again in 20-30 minutes

3. beene5052

beene5052 Member

We already gave him some food. Yikes!

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

OK....if you're not sure about shooting, always stall, don't feed and test again in 20-30 minutes....that way you can see if the numbers are heading up on their own (indicating the last shot is truly wearing off) instead of seeing the effects of feeding.

I think IF you're able to test tonight (if necessary) you could give .5.....he has climbed from 84 to 158 so the last shot isn't doing anything at this point

He may very well bounce tonight since his body isn't used to getting into those normal numbers so I expect him to run higher tonight, but these cats like to make liars out of us!!

If you shoot, I'd grab a +1 and +2....they're good tests to get occasionally anyway to learn what kind of "food bump" he usually gets. It's helpful information for the future

5. beene5052

beene5052 Member

We just tested him again and after food still at 150BG.

6. beene5052

beene5052 Member

I don't think we will shoot tonight. We are blasted and I'm uneasy about shooting him at this number. Thank you. Thanks a lot. You guys are awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.