Concerned

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Booger's Mom, Mar 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

Booger is currently 258 but I am concerned something else may be going on with him today. I don't know if I am just being paranoid or if he isn't feeling well. I have this huge rectangular box for my cats to play in and he has never gotten in it since it has been here and he is now in there "hiding". When will this overbearing protective momness go away? Maybe he is hiding from me because I have been checking him so much??

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

That’s a good possibility, mine is on alert most of the time now, when I did it just 2x a day I had not proble, but since we’ve been doing it more, he is always watching what we are doing

3. Bellasmom

Eating, drinking peeing? And as for the overbearing protectiveness going away lol mine is always there, the other night bella was sleeping oh so well on my husbands side of the bed and I asked him to sleep on couch and not bother Bella, lol he had me move over lol I watch him like a mother hawk, it’s hard not to

4. Bellasmom

5. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

Yeah when I grab his monitor kit, he knows whats coming. He tries to run from me lol.

6. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

He snacks on his dry food and drinks water and pees. That is funny you told your hubby to sleep on the couch lol. I am always like "Whats Booger doing?" "Where is Booger?" "Boogie Boo you feeling ok?". Ugh I just stay so stressed worrying about him. Makes me want to check his glucose every two hours. Yeah I read that letter to mom from cat. I am trying to loosen the reins a little but it is so hard because I love him so much. He is my kiddo.

Bellasmom likes this.
  7. Bellasmom

That’s the first thing I say when I get home, where’s bella have u seen him, my hubby will say sometimes, he’s under bed, I say is he breathing and I get the flashlight and go look under bed and he looks at me like WHAT NOW lol

8. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Ha! I turfed husband out too. Lucky for husband Ty has chosen the downstairs guest bedroom as cat HQ the past few weeks

9. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Squallie used to run, too, and I despaired of him ever coming to terms with it. Now, however, he comes running and "assumes test position" when he see the test kit! I think the secret with him was to use his favorite treat ONLY at test times. He could have other treats throughout the day, but the fave was reserved (still is!) for testing only. :):cat::woot:

10. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

Guys, now I know why he was acting the way he was. My gut told me to check his blood sugar and he was 45!

Squalliesmom likes this.
  11. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Thank heavens you are testing at home, good catch! Also, now you have some behavioral clues to let you know if it happens again. :):cat::)

12. PiePie

PiePie Member

I'm glad you caught that and also glad that I'm not the only one that has completely gone off the deep end with checking. All of my conversations with my husband all revolve around what are the cats eating, did they eat, does he think they're hungry, does the cat seem ok.

13. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I posted on your other thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.