Confirming yet again U 100

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Lisa and little, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

sorry guys I am still confused. I do not want to make a mistake. I have a box of 3/10 ml U 100 syringes with half markings. I see the U 40 are 3/10 CC. The U 100 clearly look a bit fatter. Are these the correct ones? If so need to also confirm I am looking at it correctly to convert dosage. If I am looking to shoot equivalent of 2.2 U on a U 40 -chart says U 100 conversion is 5.5. Would that mean draw to the big 5 and the THE FIRST HALF UNIT MARKING UNDER THE 5?? When I draw both needles to the equivalent spots, the dosage looks the same which is confusing me since the U 100 is a bit fatter. Don’t want to make a mistake. I need to start accurate micro increases based on my numbers. Thank you and sorry for the same questions agin.

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

You should just have one mark between the 5 and the 6, and you want to draw to that little mark to be at 5.5. 5.5 on U100 is equivalent of 2.2 units of U40 insulin.

3/10 ml and 3/10 cc are the same thing, so the syringes should hold the same amount of liquid. Your U100s go up to 30 units and your U40s go up to 12 units, correct?

3. Lisa and little

Correct. 30 and 12 respectively. When you say the 6 in U 100 you mean the first longer line to the right yes?

Attached Files:

4. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

Each long line to the right is a factor of 5, so 6 would be the first line past the 5. I added some arrows to your picture. The red arrow is 5.5, the orange arrow is 6.

Attached Files:

5. Lisa and little

Thank you so much!! Just had to check and double check. Xoxo

6. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Lisa, I'm sorry. Didn't mean to add to your confusion by acting like there is a 6 on there. Yes, you are correct, 6 is the first longer line to the right after the 5.

7. Lisa and little

Got it thank you. The arrows helped. A lot. You guys are all so tech savvy! I was just concerned because the circumference of the U100 is a bit bigger yet side by side with U 40 the doses look equal ( length wise ) so I was triple checking. Could just be my eyes as I have a hard time up close even with glasses.

SpotsMom likes this.