Confused and Relieved

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by LmDe46, Apr 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LmDe46

LmDe46 New Member

Wednesday...

Nightmare Visit with Vet....

Thursday...

Lab Results and a Conversation...

I first asked "What is Next?"

The Response was Not what I expected; The Vet told Me everything was Fine and the Results that stated or Showed Diabetes "

Was...

Stressed Induced!!

I'm very confused, what Little I have Learned about Feline Diabetes versus Human differences I never would believe Stressed Induced testing results for any known condition especially

Diabetes!!

I have /had family members two and four legged that have or had it some have passed others are still living and thriving.

I would Like to continue on this message board Community for many reasons, I tripped over this site during my research into feline Diabetes .

Saying All this...

The conversation continued; My Little "Punkin'" with a heart murmur and this odd reaction during stressed Induced medical visits(unknown factor/ variables) , The Vet said we should still watch However she is Not displaying or have certain markers to start treatment or testing at This time.

Seriously though Stressed Induced Diabetes?

Anyone?

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Did the vet run a fructosamine test? What was the big?

3. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

Stress does cause a cat's blood gloucose (BG) to raise, sometime a lot. You could buy a human gloucose meter and do some home tests on you kitty to keep an eye on her BG levels. Most of us here home test using human meters. I use a Relion micro from Walmart. It's cheap and the test strips are the cheapest around too. There is a ton of info on this site. If you are not already feeding a canned food, you could start there. A wet diet is healthiest for all cats. Here is a link to a site packed full of helpful info on cat nutrition.
    http://catinfo.org

4. LmDe46

LmDe46 New Member

This is Great Information. The Vet was more concerned about punkin's behavior ;well Her Hostile intent that she displays at the clinic and Hopefully Not at home. Now the next part of this challenge is trying to get her too eat more than the "Slime" that covers the can food. Thank you...
    I prefer to research a bit further than just stop at the conversation.

I will say despite whatever set punkin's behavior in the first place this is a Vet who will still keep her as a client ; Well as long as I sedate her before the appointment. I personally have seen the dark side of my little angel and lost feeling to my trigger fingers during a little escape when she first came "Home" too her forever Home.

I still have much too learn about a Bengal, and I'm willing too
    ...since the incident she has been a Lifesaver and She is and always will be loved.

Thanks for information I will Read on

Thank for your time and consideration.

5. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

You have come to the right place for all questions regarding feline diabetes! The people here sometimes have insights the vets don't, because we live with it 24 hours a day, every day, unlike the vets who see and treat it only occasionally.

I have two Bengals - they can indeed be a handful! There are a couple of groups on Yahoo for Bengal owners/admirers, you could maybe learn more there. I think there is a Facebook group, too. I can try to help you a bit, too, if you have questions about them, but I'm not an expert, even though I've owned them for several years. Do you have a picture you can post? I know we would all like to see your beautiful Punkin! :):cat:

Bellasmom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.