confused update

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by don & chubby & gus, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. don & chubby & gus

don & chubby & gus Member

After no insulin saturday eavning or Sunday and, down to 1/2 unit twice monday and tuesday mourning. The vet said today that chubby was at 102, that sounds good to me. My vet said that since I wasn't following her instructions that I should consider not bringing chubby back. I said no problem. One unit X2 everyday was to much with the purinna dm though. Anyways, I purchased a one touch ultra2 for chubby and I hope he cooperates. So I will start home testing very soon. Being that I have been giving chubby the purinna DM & then when he gets low, just regular food and no insulin. I am going to have to find something that I can stick with. Otherwise chubby's bg is going to be all over the place & I will not be any better off. I have a print out from Binky, so I need to narrow some choies down soon and get chubby where he should be. I certainly appreciate all the advice from everybody so far. Its showed me which way to go and how to start getting there.
    I am working on starting a spreedsheet, not the best with excel so that may be awhile longer. Paper and pen for the time being. I hope this is the proper way to respond back versus individually, I am new to this also.

Thankyou everyone

donva.&chubby

2. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

Wow I am surprised your vet was so stubborn. Is there another vet in the area you can go to for check ups? For most of us, once we get the hang of things with our vet's guidance, we tend to do more on our own and go in for check ups and blood work every now and again. Sorry to hear that you don't have your vet's support - but WE are here to support you! :D

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

aww thats not nice at all!
    I had a bad vet too, he actually told me I didn't have his blessing if I continued to do things "not his way" ,,,bye bye, time for a new vet.

I do encourage others to try their best to work with their vet - but there comes a point where they will not help you and support you - it's time to move on.

4. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

I am with Kelly...sorry your vet wasn't as receptive as you probably hoped. But yes, we are here for you so post whenever you have a question or concern. And if you need help with the home testing you could post your general location as well to see if there is a member near you who can help. Let us know how Chubby does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.