constipated cat

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Braden & Zoe, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Braden & Zoe

Braden & Zoe Member

my cat is constipated this morning about a half hour before her insulin dose. I have a bottle of peg 3350 prescribed for her constpation from awhile back. Can I give it to her while or before insulin?

EDIT: its all good for now. she finally passed a bowel movment. talked to vet said i did the right thing by no insulin. I was so happy because shes had not much of an appetite during this transition week, but this morning she ate like a champ, went to go to the bathroom and nothin. let out a horrible meow and after trying a couple more times and me giving her a reach around belly massage she pushed a big turd out. then continued to puke out all that food she ate. when i left for work she was happy and looked like she was feeling normal. vet said since shes decided that she doesnt want to eat her high fiber hills dry food going forward to sprinkle some miralax on her wet food breakfast and dinner for now on.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  2. Braden & Zoe

Braden & Zoe Member

Ok so ended up pooping a awkward shaped turd and jumped out and puked, a lot. She does that when she’s constipated. She just ate before the incedent, so it’s probly best I don’t give her insulin hey? I just put down a little more wet food and sprinkled a over the counter lax.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  3. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

If the emergency is over you should remove the 911, it's been 14 hours. :)

Braden & Zoe likes this.