Hello friends, New member here. Going through a bit of a rough spot with my cat right now and need some advice/reassurance. Cat - 16 year old long haired female. Named Moxy. A diabetic with previous remission. Eats chicken pate classic from Fancy Feast 3 times daily with occasional soft chicken treat or tuna. Takes 2 ProZinc units at breakfast and dinner and a half teaspoon of lactulose mixed in with food due to chronic constipation. 4 months ago had wellness check with vet as we moved and he did blood work and determined she was getting the "perfect amount" of insulin. Cat fears vet and has never been able to do a glucose curve. I do home test periodically. This weekend, Moxy ended up having pretty dry stool and stopped eating as much. This is typical of when she starts getting constipated. I knew I needed to syringe her lactulose instead of mix with food, but because of how difficult it is, I waited another day to see if it would resolve itself. That day we ended up having to evacuate our house due to a severe storm and flash flooding. We were able to come back soon, but putting her in the cat carrier is always so stressful for her because she thinks she is going to the vet. She hasn't ate much since Sunday and because of that, I gave her a half dose yesterday with monitoring and none today as she is straight up refusing food. She is drinking, not an abnormal amount, and is resting, but it is clear she had a lot of stool to pass. I did syringe feed her lactulose today and we should have a BM by tomorrow. If she doesn't BM by the time I get home from work tomorrow, we will go to the emergency vet. Should anything change, my husband will be here with her. However, I stress so much when she doesn't eat much and gets these constipation bouts. I worry about her so much and I just want her to be okay. I worry that even one day of not eating but no insulin will cause her to die or something. She is still greeting us when we walk into the room and drinking water and peeing in her litter box. But, she is uncomfortable. We have been down this road before and I know if I take her to the vet prematurely we will slow this entire process down because it absolutely terrifies her. I wish lactulose didn't take so long to work... I know the amount I put in her food as "maintenance" doesn't end up getting eaten completely since she rarely finishes a meal. Anyone been through this? Does this plan sound okay? Sorry about my anxiety. Thanks a million.