Control solution test

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Lisa and little, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

hi again. I just received my first batch of Insilinx strips and am not sure what number I should use for a control solution test. Should it be the 100-185 from the alpha track test bottle? I will be using the control solution that came with the Alpha track

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

The control solution tells you if the meter is working within expected parameters....not whether the strips are reading accurately. You can check with the control solution and it should read between 100 and 185 but if you want to know how accurate the strips are, you should do a comparison test on the same drop of blood with both an AT2 strip and an Insulinx strip. Make sure the AT2 meter is set on a cat code. It seems many people are using those strips these days and cat code 38 seems to be giving the most comparable readings for most folks. The other known cat codes for your AT2 meter are 07, 08, 22, 37, 92 and 93.

3. Lisa and little

Thank you. That’s what I thought. Happy thanksgiving to all. You have been a godsend ! I am truly thankful for all of you

4. Lisa and little

First double test. Code 37 and new vial of Alpha track and first freestyle insulin X
    AT strip -240. FS X - 256. I’d say that’s pretty good?

5. MrWorfMen's Mom

It's within the 20% variance allowed for meters in the US. Don't know if you saw this but Here is another thread on this subject where one user has provided a list of comparison readings she took which may give you a bit better idea of what to expect.

6. Lisa and little

Thank you !!

7. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Very good!

8. Lisa and little

Thank you. I will try to “double test” for a bit assuming I have enough blood. I read somewhere that I should let the meter itself “rest” before testing again. Any thought on that?

9. MrWorfMen's Mom

You may need to give the meter a second or two to reset after you remove a used test strip but otherwise, there is no "resting" period needed. :)