Convenia or Clavamox for UTI

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by weeble, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weeble

weeble Member

Hi Everyone,

My cat Weeble (who's a little more than 2 weeks OTJ) was just diagnosed with a UTI. I've just read some of the posts on here referring to the dangers of Convenia, but I wanted to reach out and get a little more info. An injection would be ideal for my girl due to her majorly sensitive stomach, but I'm leaning toward not taking the risk.

If I do decide to go with the Clavamox, does anyone know if there are contraindictions with Clavamox and Cisapride?

2. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

A sterile urine sample should have been collected and then a culture run on it........that would show the type of infection and what antibiotic would be the best to use. I personally would not advise a Convenia shot, for anything, and Clavamox is an excellent antibiotic but can upset the tummy on some cats.

3. weeble

weeble Member

Yeah, y'know--it was not sterile by any means. I actually sucked it up from the litter box. Starting to think I shouldn't do anything at all until I can get a sterile sample. She has a permanently upset tummy and those contraindications with multiple antibiotics are making me nervous. I would love if this was just a bad, blind diagnosis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.