coq10 and Digestive enzymes

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by sun, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sun

sun Member

the vet prescibes coq10 and digestive enzymes for my diabetic cat who also has pancreatitis.

i am checking out the coq10 i am using and i realize ingredient includes rice flour which i think it's not sutiable for diabetic cats (am i right?).
    then, i also realize there are many different types of coq10. i don't know which one is suitable for diabetic cats.

any recommendation which brand is good (in powder form)?

i can't tell the differences, i just knew/read the ingredients and realize they are made from different ingredients.

Digestive enzymes also, i realize there are many different types. any brand to recommend? and the dose?

buying from the vet is crazily expansive. i hope to get them on the stores.

thx
    anson

2. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

Dr. Goodpet Feline Digetsive Enzymes. you can google that.

It can be purchased from:

VitamineLife.com 1-188-998-8855

I don't remember the dosage...follow directions on the can.

Mix into food. Seems to be tasteless.

3. sun

sun Member

thx. how about coq10?

4. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry, I don't know anything about coq10....but you could look for it on VitaminLife.com, also.

5. sun

sun Member

overdose of coq10

needs urgent advise from you folks

i just realize i overdosed my cat of coq10 for a few times for the last 2 months.
    no wonder she was quite good in the first two weeks when on vet's coq10, and then started to be unstable aftewards.
    i thought the cap from the vet is 50 mg (vet didn't list that clearly). then, i just knew it is in fact 10mg (as my cat is small just 6p).
    i fed her then 5 times more than needed for 2 months...

i wonder if the constant vomiting is because of that.
    lucky, today i checked everything including the supplements to avoid mistakes.

may i ask, should i stop it for 1-2 weeks before resuming the 10mg per day?
    anything i have to do? as i overdose her for so long, is there any problem when i resume 10mg? will that be not effectively anymore?

i felt so bad when knowing this...
    on the prescription of the vet, it didn't state the mg (this is a BAD practice of hong kong vets because they want to prevent us to buy them by ourselves, and they can earn sooooooo much more by selling at 5-8 times more expansive), but my mistake didn't ask for it clear enough and just assumed it...

pls advise.
    quite upset...
    anson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.