Could someone help to advise PM dose? 7:00 CDT

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jenna Josie, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Hi Everyone --

Would someone be around perhaps to help me with Josie's PM dose? (Assuming, of course, that she's in another one of her marathon cycles and/or doesn't bounce.)

If you look at her SS, we've been resorting to stalls pretty much every 3rd cycle and mostly shooting 0.75 on those, which doesn't bring her numbers down enough; on the other hand, on 8/23 PM, shot 1u and had to prop her up all night.

Today, she was at 260 for AMPS and at 58 for just short of +6! She had eaten 3/4 of the snack left for her, so I'm guessing she felt okay enough that she didn't want the rest/feel the need to steer herself up. I fed her anyway (another snack of normal, LC food, which she gobbled up, mostly I think bc it was a flavor she hadn't had before and really liked.)

It seems like something good is happening -- ? Maybe -- ? And I feel like I'm seesawing her back and forth with all of these stalls, reduced shots, etc., and ruining any momentum she may be gaining.

I will get a BG at +11.5 -- 6:30 CDT -- and post it on this thread if anyone might be around to help advise for her PM does. That way, I can also get and post a +12/true PMPS and see if her numbers are coming up in those 30 minutes and not have to resort to stalling again (hopefully).

So this current post is really just preemptive . . . watch her throw a pink from a bounce and make it all for naught! TIA.

2. HuskerGyrl

HuskerGyrl Member

LOL..."throw a pink"! I'm worthless for advice, but I'll be following and feeling your consternation & pain. :bighug:

3. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I'll try to check in on you Jenna, but I can't guarantee it. So for what it's worth, obviously if she's high enough you can continue as you have been. If she's lower, you can try just doing one stall to be sure the number is coming up and then going ahead and shooting the reduced dose...that way you could go ahead and shoot the 0.75 even if the number was a bit lower but you wouldn't be waiting so long since you KNOW the number is coming up. Then just keep an eye on how things go. OR you could try stalling as normal if that makes you feel more comfortable. As for the dose...it's a crapshoot. 0.75 doesn't seem to be enough, but 1 did bring her too low that one time. However, that was far enough in the past that you could try it again and see what happens...might have been a weird night.

I don't know if we have mentioned it, but u-100 needles would be really useful in your case. You can make tiny dose adjustments then...so you could go 0.8 with those and see what that does. Just something to think about! :)

Jenna Josie likes this.
  4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Maybe try 1.25 u because your nadir was fairly low.

5. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Darn cat undermined all my careful planning! :banghead: Here I thought I was being so proactive, and what does she do? She bounces. (Or I think she is bouncing, anyway: +11.5 = 253).

So no need to stall, certainly. Still planning to shoot in 30 min. I’m liking @Kris & Teasel ’s suggestion of 1.25, or possibly a skinny 1.5?, since nadir was indeed fairly low, food wasn’t pulling her up much (that I could stick around to test for, anyway), and she hasn’t been running so low at night but has been known to in the past. Will see what her actual PS is in a bit and make the call based on that though happy as always for opinions with this new info. :)

6. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Yup, I would lower to 1.25u, regardless of her PS number and give it a couple of cycles. The long cycles and the drop today are forcing inconsistent dosing. Let her settle out for a few cycles and then we can adjust from there if need be.

7. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

I did 1/2 way between Kris’s suggestion of 1.25 and 1.5. *sigh* I am always wimpy when I should be brave and brave when I should be wimpy. :(

We will watch her, of course/as always, and go all the way down to 1.25 tomorrow am.

I did, however, take @Rachel ’s advice and order some U100s, which should arrive by the weekend.

HuskerGyrl, Rachel and Djamila like this.
  8. Djamila

Yay for u100's! I resisted switching for a long time, but now i love getting to make baby adjustments.

And no worries about the skinny 1.5u. I think it will be fine for one more cycle. Besides, given her drop today, there's a reasonable chance she'll stay a little higher tonight anyway.

9. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

I ... hope so? It doesn’t feel quite right to hope for that!

10. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Haha, we get that! But she should be fine.

I'm excited you're getting the u 100s! Do you have the Conversion Chart? We can get it for you if not. One suggestion: when they arrive, store them separately from your u 40s. Like another room. That way, you don't grab the wrong ones by accident!

11. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

I think it's this one?

That's a very good idea about the different rooms! Just the kind of mistake we'd make if the coffee hadn't kicked in :coffee::coffee:

HuskerGyrl and Djamila like this.
  12. HuskerGyrl

HuskerGyrl Member

Ha! The best laid plans... little stinker. Romeo blessed me with a 148 and I went ahead and shot the full dose, 1.5u (yay me!), without too much concern. Now watch, he'll tank like a lunatic overnight. o_O

13. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Let’s hope not! Are you going to try to get a +2? We like a +2 when we shot bravely. A rise from the PS is reassuring, and a hold-steady or a drop lets us know to be attentive a bit longer ... and maybe make some coffee! :)

14. HuskerGyrl

HuskerGyrl Member

I don't usually (I've rarely had opportunities to shoot bravely) but I like the idea! My challenge is that my pmps is at 8:30/9:00pm -- and depending on the day, I just don't make it to +2h!!

I need a service dog for my cat. ;)

Jenna Josie likes this.
  15. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Yep, that's the chart! I'd print it out and put it on the fridge or something when your new needles come in...one less thing you have to pull up online in the mornings!

16. Djamila

I think I might lower your morning dose, no matter what the PS number is. You're getting really low PMPS numbers which is great, but at this point it would be good to balance the cycles a little better. Maybe try 1.75u for a couple of days?

Rachel and HuskerGyrl like this.
  17. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

@Djamila This advice (#16) is for @HuskerGyrl , yes?

I think this thread has gotten tangled ...

18. Djamila

Oh shoot. Yes. Sorry for confusing that!

Jenna Josie likes this.
  19. HuskerGyrl

HuskerGyrl Member

It has indeed, I'll start a new thread fur me. Sorry!