Crackerton dosing advice please

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jen+Crackerton Spunky(GA), May 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jen+Crackerton Spunky(GA)

Jen+Crackerton Spunky(GA) Member

I am at a loss. We tried lantus but he was bouncing because of the very tiny dose. Switched to PZI 3 days ago. He got NOTHING out of his shot this morning. I guess the lantus shed is gone now? Good riddance...
    What would you dose him?
    I do not think it was a fur shot this morning...so frustrated

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I say give it time. The Lantus depot was tiny at the low dose you were on and is out of the picture by now. The two insulins act differently and he needs time to adjust. Are you using U100 syringes and the conversion chart to dose the ProZinc? If so, keep the 0.2 u for tonight and tomorrow, gather the data and plan to increase to 0.4 u on Sunday AM.

SpotsMom likes this.
  3. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

This is good information even if it is frustrating! Now you can be confident an increase is what he needs, rather than constantly wondering if he’s bouncing :)

Djamila likes this.
  4. Jen+Crackerton Spunky(GA)

I am using u100 syringes yes. I know I am a pain...PMPS 405 +3 357...will get a plus 7 if still 300’s or up can I raise dose? Feeling terrible for him. I am also going out of town next Friday and hope to have him slightly more settled for my husband...he is already going to want to divorce me for leaving him with the high needs Dogs...and here I went and adopted a super high needs diabetic....lol
    I will be able to mo itorhim very well the nest 2 days

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Don’t rush the increases. We generally say hold a dose for a minimum of 3 cycles. He’s shown you he can drop low on a tiny Lantus dose and you have only begin collecting data on ProZinc.

6. Jen+Crackerton Spunky(GA)

+7 123 will be holding this dose.

SpotsMom, Rachel and Kris & Teasel like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.