Crackerton...what should the plan be?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jen+Crackerton Spunky(GA), May 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jen+Crackerton Spunky(GA)

Jen+Crackerton Spunky(GA) Member

I leave crack of dawn Friday and hubbie will be in charge. He is going through personal tragedy so he is not at the top of his game. (Wish I could cancel this trip). After the accidental high carb food crackers had high numbers or higher. Today was a debacle...my house flooded..he was terrified from the storm so he got his shot,late...technically only 15 minutes. I gave a .2 plus you can see white air not to the next line tho dose...don’t know what to call that...super fat? U100 syringe
    What should,I,do...have hubbie stay at .2?
    Start any kind of,sliding scale?
    I,don’t understand why his numbers are all,over the place and getting worse. He is acting well...and was chewing my fingers last night demanding food..
    God,help,us...

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

He’s been on ProZinc only a week. He needs to settle. Leave him at 0.2 u while you’re away. I’d give him a good long adjustment period on this insulin while you careful increase the dose to get better nadir numbers before going to a sliding scale.

3. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I agree. I know it's scary and upsetting, but this initial period is the hardest. Give him some time to settle in and see what happens. My guess is tonight's number was high partially because of the flooding...that would scare anyone! He has spent some good time in blues, which are healing numbers.

When do you get back? We can take a look at things when you return and see if the dose needs to change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.